Finley Community Endowment Fund
About the Finley Community Endowment Fund
Established in 2002 to support charitable programs in the Finley, ND area, the Finley Community Endowment Fund is a permanent endowment fund that will support our area for years to come. Earnings from the fund are given as grants to support nonprofit projects or programs that work to improve our communities and quality of life.
The North Dakota Community Foundation, a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota law, provides professional management for the fund. Gifts to the fund are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of state and federal law.
The Finley Community Endowment Fund is led by a group of local volunteers that make grant decisions and fundraise to grow the fund.
Local Advisory Committee
PO Box 195
Finley, ND 58230
or contact Amy Stromsodt, NDCF Development Director at 701-795-1531
Football Fundraiser a Success!
The Finley Football Fundraiser held in October of 2014 was great fun (even though the Vikings got demolished by the Packers!) Thanks to everyone that attended and helped grow our community's endowment fund. Many thanks to those who donated items for our silent auction and helped run the event. We raised over $4,500!
How to Apply for a Grant from the Finley Community Endowment Fund
- Area Foundation makes grants only to those organizations designated by the IRS Code 501(c)3 non-profit, tax exempt groups or public tax exempt organizations.
- Application needs to be filled out describing the organization, the project, the approximate project cost and the amount requested from the Foundation.
- We do not fund entire projects.
- In considering a request, the board will consider:
- Organization’s management and integrity
- Level of local involvement and support
- The number of people to be served and the impact of the project on the community
- The impact of the grant from the Foundation on the success of the project
- The extent to which the project reflects a new approach to a problem
- No grants for daily operational requests
- Prioritizing requests:
- Board will look at each project on its merits
- Low priority will be given to projects supported by government or could be funded by taxes
- No grants to individuals
- Grants will not be concentrated in a single community except the city of Finley. The city of Finley will receive higher consideration because of the population.
To Apply: Download application form and send completed form to:
PO Box 195
Finley, ND 58230
Grants Awarded by the Finley Community Endowment Fund in 2014
- City of Finley - Finley Days - Bouncy Houses Finley Days: $788
- Finley Economic Development Corporation - Cash Register Project: $3,000
- Finley Economic Development Corporation - Freezer Project: $3,000
- Finley Wildlife Club - Youth Pheasant Hunt: $2,500
Copyright © 2017 North Dakota Community Foundation