Golden Valley County Community Foundation
About the Golden Valley County Community Foundation
The Golden Valley Community Foundation was established in 2008 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in Golden Valley County. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Golden Valley County Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Bev Wolff (Chairperson)
Beach, ND 58621
Send an email
or contact John Heinen with the North Dakota Community Foundation.
2016 Grant application process coming soon
Apply for a Grant from the Golden Valley County Community Foundation
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS Code as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. Please contact email@example.com at NDCF for more information.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within Golden Valley County (and surrounding communities, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee).
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/GoldenValleyCounty and may also be available in hard copy format, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Applications shall be accepted June 1 through June 30 of each year. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Organizations that serve Youth, Senior Citizens, Leadership, and Community Development
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for multiple-year funding
- The following will NOT be considered:
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals
- Deadline: June 30 Download application form, and send completed application to:
GVC Community Foundation
PO Box 784
Beach, ND 58621
Grants Awarded by the Golden Valley Community Foundation in 2015
City of Beach Park Board - $2,500 for a bridge to connect playground structures
CIty of Beach for baseball field improvements
Golden Valley County Fairboard
City of Beach hiking trail
If you or someone you know would like to make a donation to this community fund to continue its great work, call or email John Heinen NDCF Development Director at ndcf.net or (701) 590-4614
The North Dakota Community Foundation does not have any other funds that support this community. If you would like to start a fund to support a project or nonprofit organization in this area, please contact our office.
Copyright © 2016 North Dakota Community Foundation