Larimore Community Endowment Fund
About the Larimore Community Endowment Fund
The Larimore Community Endowment Fund was established in 1981 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in Larimore, North Dakota. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Larimore Community Endowment Fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
PO Box 599
Larimore, ND 58251
or contact Amy Warnke-Stromsodt, NDCF Development Director at 701-795-1531.
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2016
The Larimore Community Endowment Fund Advisory Committee is currently accepting applications for its 2016 grant round. All completed applications must be returned to Bremer Bank in Larimore by November 1, 2016! Applications are available under the "Apply for a Grant" tab or at Bremer Bank.
How to Apply for a Grant from the Larimore Community Endowment Fund
1. Makes grants only to those organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)3 or to government agencies.
2. Makes grants to qualifying organizations in the city of Larimore
To Apply: Download application form and send completed form to:
PO Box 599
Larimore, ND 58251
Grants Awarded by the Larimore Community Endowment Fund
Grants in 2014
- Bellevue Cemetery Association - Operating & Loan Payment: $1,500
- City of Larimore - Fire Department 2 Radios & 8 Pagers: $2,000
- Edna Ralston Public Library - Remodel Project: $2,000
- Emerado Park District - Renovate Restrooms At Community Hall: $2,000
- Larimore Ambulance Association, Inc. - Miscellaneous Operating Costs: $2,000
- Larimore High School - After Prom Party: $1,000
- Larimore Park District - Baseball Field Complex Update: $5,026
- Larimore Senior Citizens, Inc. (Senior Center) - General Operating Support: $2,000
- Northstar Lodge #16 - Kitchen Renovation: $5,000
Grants in 2015
- Edna Ralston Public Library - Front door & Window Replacement - $2,000
- Northstar Lodge #16 - Replace Furnace - $5,000
- LHS After Prom Party - $1,000
- Senior Citizen Center - Heating and general upkeep - $2,000
- Good Samaritan Society - Bathroom renovations - $2,500
- Larimore Fire Department - Foam tanks for flammable liquid fires - $1,200
- Sox for Kids - Support for needy children/families in the Larimore area - $2,300
- Larimore Park Board - Toward new playground equipment - $5,000
- Bellevue Cemetery - Maintenance of cemetery - $1,500
Other Funds Managed by NDCF in the Larimore area
Larimore Area Scholarship Funds
Dawn Marie Stoik Memorial Athletic Scholarship: The fund was established in 1996 by LaVonne Stoik and Gregory Stoik in loving memory of their daughter Dawn Marie Stoik who lost her life in a motorcycle accident on Memorial Day of 1995 just days after graduating from high school.
EllaRae Kelly Memorial Scholarship Fund: The fund was established in 2007 by Michael Kelly in loving memory of his wife, Ellarae, who lost her life to a rare form of liver cancer at the age of 51.
Lloyd A. Engh/North Star Masonic Scholarship Fund: The Fund was established in 1991 by the North Star Masonic Lodge of Larimore, ND in memory of long-time member Lloyd A. Engh.
Grace Taylor Stone Scholarship Fund: Established in 2004 to annually provide scholarships for Larimore High School graduates.
Larimore Public Schools Scholarship Fund: Established in 2004 to annually provide scholarships for Larimore High School graduates.
Other Funds from Larimore
Vernon & Lila Halverson Endowment Fund: Established in 1999 by Dale Halvorson in loving memory of his parents, Vernon and Lila Halvorson, as part of the Larimore Community Endowment Fund.
Charles D. McCanna Endowment Fund: Established in 2010 through the estate of Margery McCanna Jennison as part of the Larimore Community Endowment Fund.
Mr. and Mrs. Donald Shide Fund: Established in 1979 by Mr. and Mrs. Donald Shide to support the work of the North Dakota Community Foundation
Copyright © 2017 North Dakota Community Foundation