New England Community Foundation
About the New England Community Foundation
Established in 2012 through the Ishmael & Rose Diede estate, the New England Community Foundation is a permanent endowment fund that will support our community for years to come. Earnings from the fund are given as grants to support nonprofit projects or programs in the New England area that work to improve our community and quality of life. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The New England Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
HELPING US BUILD THE FUND: In order for the fund to have a bigger impact in the community, we invite those in the region to make some sort of a gift. Please refer to the "other information" tab for a report and brochure to find out more. Or please call one of us on the committee. We would be happy to answer any questions.
Shannay Witte (Chairperson)
or click here for John Heinen at the North Dakota Community Foundation.
Apply for a Grant from the New England Community Foundation
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. Please contact John at NDCF for more information: email@example.com or 701-590-4614.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within the New England community.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/NewEngland.
- Applications shall be due no later than April 30 of each year. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Approved grant requests may be funded in full or partially, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Organizations that serve Youth, Senior Citizens, Leadership, and Community Development
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for multiple-year funding Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
The following will NOT be considered:
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals
Deadline: April 1
GRANTABLE BALANCE FOR 2017 GRANT CYCLE: $5680
Download an application form, and send completed application to:
New England Community Foundation
PO 130 C/O City Auditor
New England, ND 58647
Grants Awarded since the start of the fund
- New England Community Renovation Project, Inc. - Memorial Hall Renovation Project: $4,000
- New England Public School - The After-Prom Party: $700
- New England Public School - Volleyball Equipment: $1,200
The North Dakota Community Foundation also administers the following funds in this area. For more information about these funds, or if you are interested in establishing a fund to support this community, please contact our office.
Alfred Klewin Memorial Scholarship
The fund was established in 1980 in memory of Alfred Klewin by his family. Mr. Klewin was a prominent farmer/rancher in the Amidon area and a long time member of the Farmers Union. The scholarship will assist a graduating senior from New England, Bowman, Scranton or Rhame pursuing an agri-business education at some post-secondary institution in North Dakota.
Ishmael & Rose Diede Scholarship for New England
Established with a gift from the estate of Ishmael Diede, this permanent endowment fund will be used to provide scholarships to high school students in Hettinger & Western Morton Counties.
Ishmael & Rose Diede Charitable Fund
Established in 2012, the fund will support qualified projects/organizations in western Morton County and Hettinger County, North Dakota. The fund will also support scholarship grants to students graduating from western Morton County and Hettinger County high schools.
New England Library Fund
Established in 1993 to support the New England Library.
Please find attached various materials which you can download for your own or to pass along to a family member or friend. Help get the word out about the fund, helps the fund grow and serve the community in a bigger way. Any questions please refer to the contact page to contact a committee member. Thank you!
Copyright © 2017 North Dakota Community Foundation