New Salem Area Community Foundation
About the New Salem Area Community Foundation
Established in 2013 through a generous gift from the former New Salem Credit Union, the New Salem Area Community Foundation is a permanent endowment fund that can support our community for years to come. Earnings from the fund are given as grants to support nonprofit projects or programs in the area that work to improve our community and quality of life.
The New Salem Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a volunteer group of citizens whose primary activities are building the fund and recommending grants each year.
Local Advisory Committee
Charles R. Holle
Jeanette Cook c/o Capital Credit Union
PO BOX B
New Salem, ND 58563
or contact John at the North Dakota Community Dickinson Office
APPLY FOR NEW GRANTS OR REPORT ON GRANTS RECIEVED
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. Please contact John at NDCF for more information: John@ndcf.net or 701-590-4614.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations in the New Salem area.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-sectarian and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/NewSalem.
- Applications shall be due March 15th of each year. Extensions may be granted and additional grant application deadlines may be added at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Approved grant requests may be funded in full or partially, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals will NOT be considered.
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses will receive a lower priority.
- Requests for projects or programs that serve a greater number of community residents will receive higher priority.
GRANTABLE AMOUNT AVAILALBE FOR 2017 CYCLE: $52,334
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 15
New Salem Area Community Foundation (c/o Capital Credit Union)
PO BOX B
New Salem, ND 58563
REPORT ON GRANTS RECIEVED
ONLINE GRANT REPORT: (3-5) minutes to complete
Please fill out all information and attach any photos or detail documents you would like. This is very important as it helps us tell your story in the community, and helps potential and past donors or support organizations how important the dollars are to you. Thank you for taking the time to fill in the report.
Grants Awarded by the New Salem Area Community Foundation in 2014
- New Salem Ambulance Service - $22,704.20 to equip both ambulances with CPR devices and to upgrade 2 monitor/defibrillators
- New Salem Fire Department - $22,500.00 to help offset the cost of a new fire truck & new equipment to supply it
- New Salem Park District - $20,000.00 to build a new concession/bathroom/storage building between the football & baseball fields
- Morton County Parks - $5,312.50 for improvements to the shelters at Sweet Briar recreation area
- Central Morton Sportsmans Club - $3,950.00 to purchase materials to build a shelter & picnic tables at Gaebe Pond
- New Salem Saddle Club - $15,000.00 for arena improvements: new sand for the arena; replace windows & doors in announcers stand; and new stripping chute
- New Salem/Almont Public School - $15,000.00 to purchase a laptop cart & 20 laptops for Prairie View Elementary School & West River Head Start
- New Salem Park District - $15,000.00 to purchase golf carts & storage facility
- Morton County Fair Association - $6,000.00 to purchase materials to build new display cases & update display tables
- New Salem Almont High School - $3,500.00 to purchase laptop & 2 robot kits for engineering club's robot team
- American Legion - $1,000.00 to purchase and place flags on Main Street
- New Salem-Almont School - $25,000 toward the construction of a community fitness center
The North Dakota Community Foundation also administers the following funds in the New Salem Area:
Robert E. Chase Scholarship
The Robert E. Chase Scholarship Fund was established in 1994 by the Mandan Rotary Club to honor longtime Mandan businessman and community leader Robert E. Chase. Each year, the Dollars for Scholars chapters from Hebron, Glen Ullin, New Salem, Flasher, and Mandan shall recommend recipients for the award.
Central Dakota Cyclists Fund
This fund was established to support the charitable work of the Central Dakota Cyclists.
Please feel free to either download any of these files and send to a friend or family member, or simply attach it to an email. This is a great way to share the story of the foundation. Thank you!
Annual Community Report 2016 (coming soon)
Copyright © 2017 North Dakota Community Foundation