Richardton Community Endowment Fund
About the Richardton Community Endowment Fund
The Richardton Community Endowment Fund was established in 1981 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Richardton area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Richardton Community Endowment Fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Ralph Weisenberger (Chairperson)
Carmen Bohn Send an Email
Richardton, ND 58652 701-974-3311
or contact John Heinen at the North Dakota Community Foundation.
Apply for a Grant from the Richardton Area Community Fund
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-590-4614.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within the Richardton--Taylor area.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/Richardton.
- Applications shall be due no later than MAY 15th of each year. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Approved grant requests may be funded in full or partially, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for multiple-year funding
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
The following will NOT be considered:
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals
Deadline: MAY 15th around $14,000 will be given
Richardton Area Community Foundation
Richardton, ND 58652
Grants Awarded by Richardton Area Community Foundation
- St. Mary's Social Center - $3,000 for kitchen renovations
- Richardton Taylor Public School - $3,000 for Chicago choir tour
- Richardton Health Center - $2,800 for standing lift
- Richardton Clinic - $2,250 for phlebotomy chair and standing vitals monitor
There are currently no other funds supporting this community. If you are interested in establishing a fund to support this community, please contact our office.
Copyright © 2017 North Dakota Community Foundation