Come join the fun at the 2023 Bakken Charity Golf Scramble, hosted by Conoco Phillips Charity Golf Scramble!
2023 event is FULL: Please join us for 2024
52 teams only email@example.com
THANK YOU! Questions click here to email the committee
Date: FRIDAY AUGUST 2th, 2023 - TWO Flights Morning 7:30am Tee time, Afternoon 1:00pm tee off
Location: Heart River Golf Course, Dickinson
All proceeds are granted out in the community by application process in partnership with the local committee of Dickinson Area Community Foundation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the quality of life for residents through charitable giving and philanthropy to make a lasting and beneficial investment in the Dickinson Area.
OUR VISION: Promote Philanthropy, receive and manage charitable gifts, invest in wide-ranging program that promote economic and social well-being of area residents.
Our role as committee members is to network with area service organizations and government, marketing the mission of the foundation, drawing gifts to the foundation, all with the goal to grow the permanent fund and make it a great resource for the community.
THREE FUNDS: Committee work is supported by these funds to which donors can give and help us in our mission to serve the community.
- ENDOWMENT: Is the primary fund and qualifies for 40% ND Tax Credit. (click on link for requirements) Roughly 4% of funds are put to work in the community used annually as "grants".
- Non-Endowment PROJECT Fund: Provides immediate granting, and funds for marketing launching events. Qualifies as a charitable gift if no benefit is given in return, but NOT for 40% ND income tax credit.
- Non-Endowment – Endowment Fund: Allows for funding of local events from which net proceeds flow to endowment at year end. Qualifies for charitable gift as long as no benefit is given in return. Does not qualify for ND 40% income tax benefit.
NDCF is the support system for DACF with over 40 years experience in providing comprehensive charitable services. This includes donor gift planning and bequest planning for individuals, company leaders, families, and non-profits, and fiduciary services such as accounting, audit and money management. This allows local volunteer committees to focus on telling their story of their foundation impact through marketing, granting, and growing the fund.
Advisory Committee members are:
- Zach Keller (Choice Bank) Committee Chair
- Jordan Selinger (Kubik, Bogner, Ridl & Selinger) Vice Chair
- Linda Steve (CPA-Self Employed)
- Danita Tysver (Stark County Development)
- Rachel Logan (Conoco Phillips)
- Laurie Strommen (Quality Quick Print)
- Mike Peters (Dakota Community Bank Insurance)
- Oakley Thoeny (Brady Martz)
- Scott Meschke (Kirkwood Bank & Trust)
- DeEll Jordre (Marathon Petroleum)
- Jeremy Cox (Marathon Petroleum)
QUESTIONS: Please email Zack Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Community Foundation general inbox BY CLICKING HERE (email@example.com)
For anonymous giving, gift planning, or unique asset gifts, please contact John Heinen- NDCF Western ND Regional Director at (701) 590-4614 or John@NDCF.net
Please find attached various materials which you can download for your own or to pass along to a family member or friend. Help get the word out about the fund, helps the fund grow and serve the community in a bigger way. Any questions please refer to the contact page to contact a committee member. Thank you!
QUESTIONS Email us by clicking here firstname.lastname@example.org
GRANT AWARD EXAMPLES and STORIES
As stories about projects we have funded in the community become available, we will post them here along with other "news" that we think you might like to see. Please feel free to download and send to a friend if you think they also would be interested.
The Dickinson Area Community Foundation has awarded more than $81,000 in grants since its inception in 2016. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2023
- Connect Medical Clinic: $15,000 for a location expansion project
- Best Friends Mentoring Program: $6,984 for group mentoring program
- Close Up Foundation: $3,000 for civic education program for low-income Dickinson students
- Heartview Foundation: $5,000 for Heartview Dickinson Patient Wellness Activities
- Youthworks: $4,200 for One Circle: Supporting Girls in Dickinson
Grants Awarded in 2022
- Best Friends Mentoring Program: $5,000 for mental health screening evaluation and coordinating needed referrals
- Close Up Foundation: $3,000 for civic education program for low-income Dickinson students
- Badlands Crime Stoppers, Inc.: $500 for cash awards for tips
- BIO Girls: $2,110 for a BIO Girls program in Dickinson in 2023
- Injured Military Wildlife Project of North Dakota: $1,500 for cow elk culling in Theodore Roosevelt National Park
- Dakota Zoo: $640 (March Madness grant)
- Dickinson Town Square Project: $640 (March Madness grant)
Grants Awarded in 2021
- Association to Meet Emergency Needs, Inc. (AMEN): $600 for security for the new pantry location
- Dickinson Public School District: $3,919 for their Leaping into Literacy program
- Women Empowering Women: $1,934 for Well Women Care: In Search of Better Living Conditions
- Dickinson Hockey Club: $640 for program support (March Madness grant)
- Badlands Hope: $7,500 for mobile services and education
- Leadership Dickinson - Dickinson Area Chamber of Commerce: $1,000 for Leadership Dickinson
- Second Chances Volunteers: $4,000 for the Furever Full Pet Pantry
Applications Open April 1st & Close on June 30th
Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Contact the committee at the email below if you need a fiscal sponsor.
Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-sectarian and serve the entire community. ie. food pantry
Extensions may be granted and additional grant application deadlines may be added at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
Approved grant requests may be funded in full or partially, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals will NOT be considered.
Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses will receive a lower priority.
Requests for projects or programs that serve a greater number of community residents will receive higher priority.
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Step 4 -- Bookmark the address so when returning you can easily access. Or access with button above.
GENERAL INFORMATION: The Dickinson Area Community Foundation (DACF) is assisting the Friendship Park project committee with marketing, fundraising coordination, donor gift planning, and donor stewardship. Please find information below to request more information from the project committee or make a gift by sending a check to the address below OR credit card via SECURE ONLINE GIFT. Online gifts can be set up as one-time or monthly. Specify the type of gift "Project" or "Endowment for 40% Tax Credit". Project funds are used immediately to build the playground, the endowment earnings will be used for upgrading or maintaining the playground year to year. Endowment gifts qualify for 40% tax credit. 100% of the funds for Phase I of the project will be raised before construction starts.
GOAL $1,198,000, Endowment $150,000 (to ensure yearly upkeep) IN PROGRESS OF BEING BUILT as of 08/10/2022
FRIENDSHIP PARK BROCHURE: click here
CHECKS PAYABLE TO: DACF: Friendship Park: Dix (write on memo line "Project" or "Endowment") ONLINE SECURE GIVING: click here
MAILING ADDRESS: Friendship Park C/O Dickinson Area Community Foundation (DACF) PO Box 1513 Dickinson, ND 58602-1513
PROJECT GIFTS given through NDCF QUALIFY FOR IRS CHARITABLE DEDUCTION and ENDOWMENT GIFTS QUALIFY FOR 40% ND INCOME CREDIT(click for qualifications) A TAX RECEIPT FOR EITHER "PROJECT" GIFTS OR ENDOWMENT ARE SENT DIRECTLY FROM NDCF
PROJECT QUESTIONS: email Project Committee: Sarah Carlson (Pres) click here.
Plan Your Legacy
Making a lasting difference in our community or for future generations may be easier than you realize. With very simple language in your will or trust, you can help the Dickinson Area Community Foundation (DACF) continue to support important projects and programs in our area forever.
Gifts to DACF are carefully invested by our partner foundation - the North Dakota Community Foundation - to generate a permanent source of charitable income.
If you have children or other relatives, you can leave a portion of your estate to them and a percentage to DACF. Doing so provides for your heirs while honoring your charitable values.
1. Download our free Estate Planning Guide - it contains helpful information and things to consider as you develop your own unique plan.
2. Reach out to a Dickinson Area Community Foundation committee member to learn more about the charities and needs in our area.
3. Consider discussing (confidentially) your vision with our NDCF gift planner John Heinen. He has many years of experience helping donors create their charitable vision and better prepare for their discussions with financial planners. John's cell is 701-590-4614 or you can email him at John@NDCF.net.
4. Contact your professional advisors (financial planner, attorney and/or accountant) and ask for help in establishing a charitable gift to our foundation.
5. Make sure your will or living trust is up-to-date and reflects your charitable goals.
6. Consider notifying the charitable organizations about the gift you plan to leave them. They will appreciate your generosity and will want to know what you’d like them to do with your eventual gift if it isn't clear.
Language for Your Will or Living Trust
If you would like to include the Dickinson Area Community Foundation in your will, here is some sample language to consider:
“I give and bequeath to the North Dakota Community Foundation (Tax ID Number 45-0336015), a qualified charitable organization under IRS 501(c)(3), located in Bismarck, North Dakota, ___________ (a percentage of the estate, specific dollar amount, or remainder of estate) for the Dickinson Area Community Foundation, a permanent component of the North Dakota Community Foundation.”
* Be sure to contact your legal advisor.
There are many other ways to make a deferred gift to your community, including
- Making NDCF (and your specific community fund) the beneficiary of your life insurance policy, IRA, 401K, or commercial annuity
- Establishing a Charitable Gift Annuity with NDCF
- Other more sophisticated tools, depending on your unique situation
To investigate options and learn more about how other North Dakotans have given back, visit our planned giving website at www.NDCF.net/Plan.