Hazelton-Moffit-Braddock (HMB) “Uncle T’s” Community Foundation
The Hazelton-Moffit-Braddock (HMB) “Uncle T’s” Community Foundation was established in 2019 by his sister Yvonne Ranschler and the Dahl family. The Ranschler and Dahl families have been a part of the HMB community since the early 1900’s. Yvonne wanted to do something that would benefit the HMB communities and thank them for being a part of her brother’s extended family for many years. The Dahl family wanted to also make a contribution to the fund in memory of their family members: Kelly, Roger, Robert, Arne & Anetha (Ranschler), and Math & Ragna Dahl. Theodore Ranschler (Uncle T) is known as HMB’s Uncle, and his family wanted to acknowledge this by establishing a permanent endowment fund in his name. Earnings from the fund will be given as grants to support HMB area nonprofits that work in the education, community improvement and quality of life areas.
The Hazelton-Moffit-Braddock (HMB) “Uncle T’s” Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Ways to Give
You can give by cash, check, stock, partial gift of insurance, real-estate, collections, equipment, or even ag commodities.
Individuals who give at least $5,000 and businesses that give any amount may take a 40% income tax credit for gifts to the HMB "Uncle T's" Community Foundation. Restrictions apply, so please visit our tax credit page to learn more.
Set up a gift in your estate plans. Make a specific, percentage, or residual designation in your will/trust or as a partial beneficiary of a retirement fund or insurance to create a simple legacy gift.
Regardless of the type of gift, requests for anonymity will always be honored. Please contact NDCF directly if you would like to make an anonymous gift.
For more information about the Hazelton-Moffit-Braddock (HMB) “Uncle T’s” Community Foundation, please contact Development Director Kara Geiger at 701-222-8349.
Donate to the fund online using the link above, or mail a check to:
North Dakota Community Foundation
PO BOX 387
Bismarck, ND 58502
Please write HMB Community Foundation in the memo line of the check.
Certain donations may qualify for a generous ND state income tax credit.
Apply for a Grant
- Organizations must be recognized under IRS code 501(c)(3) to qualify for a grant. Any organization with an official relationship to city or state government (school, park district etc.) would also qualify.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve the communities within the HMB School District.
- Grants for day-to-day operations will receive a lower priority.
- Grants for multi-year requests (pledges) will not be made, however an organization may re-apply for a grant each year, provided all previous grant reporting was completed.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- No grants shall be made to individuals.
- Grants shall be awarded annually at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
Deadline: April 30
How to Apply:
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.