Grid United's Community Investment Program
Grid United, an independent transmission company, established a Community Investment Program (CIP) fund at the North Dakota Community Foundation in 2023 to provide grant dollars to those counties in which Grid United's North Plains Connector will be located. The North Plains Connector is a transmission line connecting the U.S. eastern and western electric grids in Montana and North Dakota (see map below). The grant dollars will be distributed through the local community foundations in the impacted counties under NDCF's umbrella.
Eligible projects must have a board impact on the quality of life for a significant number of people in Golden Valley, Slope, Hettinger, Grant, Morton, and Oliver counties. Ineligible projects include religious, partisan, or sectarian programs along with one-time events that are not part of longer-term economic and community development goals. Grants will not be awarded to individuals.
Grant application deadlines vary by community and each community will have two grant rounds every year. Grant applicants must be either a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or governmental entity. Organizations that provide community services but that are not either entity may apply through a fiscal sponsor.
- NDCF Announces More Than $383,000 in Grant Awards from Second Round of Grid United's Community Investment Program
- NDCF Announces More Than $300,000 in Grant Awards form Grid United's Community Investment Program - Sept. 2023
- Grants Available to Benefit Golden Valley, Slope, Hettinger, Grant, Morton, and Oliver Counties - April 2023
For more information about each community foundation, its grant awards, and its upcoming grant rounds, click on its name below.
- Golden Valley County Community Foundation
- Bowman & Slope County Community Foundation
- New England Community Foundation (Hettinger County)
- Mott-Regent Community Foundation (Hettinger County)
- Grant County Area Community Foundation
- New Salem Area Community Foundation (Morton County)
- Flasher Area Community Foundation (Morton County)
- Oliver County Community Foundation