Nonprofits provide vital services to our North Dakota communities and residents, from education to senior care to arts opportunities that wouldn't otherwise exist.
NDCF is here to help our nonprofits not only survive but thrive. Helping you accomplish your mission is pretty much ours.
We can help nonprofits fund specific projects and programs through our Statewide Greatest Needs Fund and numerous other granting opportunities. But we are most excited about helping you establish an endowment fund for your organization. An endowment fund provides permanent charitable cash-flow and over time, these interest earnings can become an important part of your annual budget. Endowment funds are an indicator that an organization's leadership is planning for the future.
Here are some details for getting started:
- A nonprofit agency or one of its supporters makes a gift to NDCF for the organization.
- The Fund is established with this initial agency gift and the completion of an agreement outlining terms and conditions.
- Our professional staff supports the agency in its efforts to grow its endowment.
- Anyone may make gifts at any time to the Agency’s Endowment Fund. These gifts may be cash, publicly traded or closely held securities, bequests, planned gifts, insurance, IRAs, Remainder or Lead Trusts, real property, etc.
- NDCF professional staff handles the administrative details and tax forms.
- Your endowment fund total assets, gifts received, and grants given every year are listed in our annual report and mailed to the previous year's donors.
- Agency Endowment Funds can be established with a minimum gift of $50, but must have reached a total balance of $25,000 within 3 years.
- Approximately 4% of the previous 12 quarter rolling average of the Fund's balance is available annually for the agency’s use.
- Funds are invested in a diversified portfolio designed to manage market risk, dampen market volatility and ensure steady growth over time.
- NDCF services - from administrative to tax-related to fundraising support - are all provided for one low annual fee, allowing you to focus on your mission.
For more information about how an endowment fund can help your nonprofit, please give us a call at 701-222-8349.
Existing Agency Endowment Funds at NDCF
ABLE, Inc. Endowment Fund
Abused Adult Resource Center Endowment Fund
Ashley Public Library Endowment Fund
Badlands Ministries Endowment Fund
Bismarck Arts & Galleries Assoc. Endowment Fund
Bismarck Prairie Public Television Endowment Fund
Bremer Banks Prairie Public Television Fund
Catholic Charities ND Endowment Fund
Cavalier Jail / Library Building Endowment Fund
Ellendale Public School Endowment Fund
Entertainment, Inc. Endowment Fund
Esmond Jubilee Book Endowment Fund
Farm Rescue Foundation
Fellowship of Christian Athletes ND
Fessenden-Bowden Public School Foundation
First Care Health Center Endowment Fund
FirstChoice Clinic Endowment Fund
Good Samaritan Health Service Fund
Historic Elmwood Endowment Fund
Icelandic State Park Fund
Icelandic State Park Centennial Project Fund
Icelandic State Park Heritage Building Fund
Skuli Pall Benedictson Endowment Fund
Kalloch Eunice Gronvold House Endowment
Leach Library Endowment Fund
Lisbon Public Library Fund
Lord of Life Lutheran Church Endowment Fund
HIT Foundation + Inc. Endowment Fund
Mandan Public Library Endowment Fund
McKenzie County Health System Endowment
Missouri Slope Areawide United Way Endowment Fund
New England Public Library Endowment Fund
North Dakota Center for the Book Endowment Fund
North Dakota Real Estate Educational Endowment Fund
North Dakota Teen Challenge Endowment Fund
Northwood Deaconess Health Center Endowment
Oakes Public School Endowment Fund
Oakes Public Schools Music Booster Fund
Our Redeemer School Endowment Fund
Pembina County Historical Society Endowment Fund
Pioneer Square Emergency Fund
Pioneer Square Endowment Fund
Prairie Learning Center Endowment Fund
Prairie Public Television Fund
Preservation North Dakota Endowment Fund
Ruth Meiers Hospitality House Endowment Fund
Souris Valley United Way Endowment Fund
St. Anthony’s Church Endowment Fund
Standing Rock Endowment Fund
The Library Foundation, Inc. Endowment Fund
Thomas B. & Anna Jane Regan Fund
Turtle Mountain Environmental Learning Center
Underwood, ND School Foundation Endowment Fund
United Tribes Technical College Endowment Fund
Washburn Volunteer Ambulance Service Endowment Fund
Young Life North Dakota Funds
NDANO Statewide Greatest Need Grant Recipient
"With generous support from the North Dakota Community Foundation, NDANO is pleased to announce 18 lodging scholarships are available to help nonprofit leaders attend the 2014 Nonprofit Leadership Conference on May 28-29 in Bismarck."