Fund Background: Established in 2006 by First State Bank (now BankNorth) for the purpose of providing scholarship assistance to students graduating from the Oakes, ND High School. The scholarship is administered by the Oakes Public School.
- Applicant must be a senior attending Oakes High School in Oakes, North Dakota.
- Awards are for students who will attend a Post-Secondary Program of Study.
- Transcript and ACT scores must be included with the application.
- Personal or Family banking relationship with BankNorth.
- Financial need
- School and community involvement
- Funds will be paid directly to the post-secondary institution for second semester.
Applications accepted January 1 - April 1 only. Applications received outside of this window will NOT be accepted.
Return complete application to:
Oakes High School Counselor
804 Main Avenue
Oakes, ND 58474
In addition to the application form (below), you must also include an essay of 500 words or less on, "What are the benefits of a financial institution in a rural community?"