An Overview of Giving Through NDCF
The North Dakota Community Foundation serves North Dakota communities statewide with the goal of improving the quality of life for the state’s citizens. The Foundation administers many different types of funds. This page will give you information regarding the ways to give and the types of gifts that are accepted.
As the NDCF is an IRS designated 501(c)(3) public charitable organization, all gifts to the Foundation are fully tax deductible and may be eligible for North Dakota income tax credits. Please consult your tax advisor for the current limits.
You decide how your gift will be used:
- Community Endowment Fund – Donations build a permanent flexible financial resource for your community. Grants are given to deserving local causes, recommended by a local volunteer advisory committee with final approval by the NDCF Board of Directors. NDCF currently has 60 community foundations you can support, or you can start a fund for your hometown.
- Donor Advised Fund – Be a donor advisor and recommend how your fund can address the needs you find most important.
- Field of Interest Fund – Select a focus area where grants from your fund will be used to address changing needs.
- Scholarship Fund – Grants from your scholarship fund can assist students to further their education. Students can be chosen based on criteria you recommend.
- Statewide Greatest Needs Fund – Address the diverse and changing needs all across North Dakota with a gift to our Statewide Greatest Needs Fund. Or, if you prefer, start a fund in your name that will address these same needs.
- Project Fund - Gifts to project funds provide needed support to short term projects throughout the state. Contact us for details.
- Agency Endowment Funds - A non-profit organization may partner with the Foundation for management of its charitable funds.
You may make a charitable gift a number of ways:
- Cash/Check/Credit Card
- Real Estate, Bargain Sales, Remainder Interests in Property
- Appreciated property - stocks, bonds, mutual funds, other investment instruments
- Oil, Gas, and Mineral Interests
- Gifts of Ag Commodities
- Matching Funds - Increase your donation with employer matching funds. Many employers will match your personal donation. Check with your company for more information on matching gift programs.
- Deferred / Planned Gifts
- Charitable Gift Annuities (CGA)
- Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRT)
- Charitable Lead trusts (CLT)
- Life Insurance Beneficiary Designations
- Retirement Plan Beneficiary Designations
You can give us your gift in a number of ways:
- Mail - Please include the name of the fund you wish to support along with your donation and mail your gift to:
PO Box 387
Bismarck, ND 58502-0387
- Online - Use your credit card and our secure online giving page. It’s safe and easy to donate online using your credit card. You can even set up a recurring monthly gift.
- Phone - Please call us at 701-222-8349 for further giving options or to arrange a personal visit.
- In-Person - Stop by either our Bismarck or Grand Forks office locations.
Kristi Jelinek, Grafton Parks & Recreation
"We would like to thank you and the NDCF community for the generous grant and support for our community. The dugouts are a great addition to our diamond and our coaches and kids are excited to use them in the next baseball season! It’s through generous donations like this one through the NDCF that can take our facilities and programs to the next level and motivate the participants in our programs. Thank you again!"