About the Tioga Community Foundation
The Tioga Community Foundation was established in 2001 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Tioga area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Tioga Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Tioga Community Foundation C/O Farmers Daughter 10 1st St NW Tioga, ND 58852
QUESTIONS email the committee by clicking here email@example.com
or John Heinen with the North Dakota Community Foundation at 701-590-4614. or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking Engaged Volunteers!
The Tioga Community Foundation is seeking engaged volunteers from Tioga and surrounding communities to serve as Advisory Committee members. Please contact one of the current committee members or Kara Geiger at the North Dakota Community Foundation if you are interested. The Advisory Committee is responsible for building the endowment fund through various fundraising activities (as determined by the Committee each year), and recommending grants during the annual grant round. Members are supported in their work by the staff of the North Dakota Community Foundation, including an initial orientation and ongoing training and assitance.
Will YOU help make a difference in your community?
ONLINE GRANT APPLICATION ACCEPTED APRIL 1st - April 28th
- Tioga Community Foundation makes grants only to those organizations designated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax-exempt group or government agency. Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to non-sectarian activities (for example, food pantry or community daycare).
- Applications need to describe the organization, the project, the approximate project cost and the amount requested from the Foundation. . Deadline may be extended at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- In considering a request, the Advisory Committee will consider:
- Organization management and integrity
- Level of local involvement and support
- The number of people to be served and the impact of the project on the community.
- The impact of the grant from the Foundation on the success of the project.
- Low priority will be given for daily operational requests.
- Prioritizing requests:
- Committee will look at each project on its merits.
- No grants outside a 35 mile radius.
- No grants to individuals.
- Grants will not be concentrated in a single community except the city of Tioga which will receive higher consideration because of the population as well as being the headquarters for serving other surrounding communities.
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Copyright © 2020 North Dakota Community Foundation