About the Emerado Community Endowment Fund
The Emerado Community Endowment Fund was established in 2014 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Emerado area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Emerado Community Endowment Fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and, eventually, recommending grants from the fund's earnings.
LOCAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS
PO Box 130
Emerado, ND 58228
Cell number: 218-791-0909
Or contact Amy Stromsodt (701-795-1531), Development Director at North Dakota Community Foundation
The Emerado Community Endowment Fund has awarded almost $2,300 in 5 grants since its inception in 2014. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Operation Homefront, INC - $200 Meals for Military members
- Emerado Volunteer Fire & Rescue Department - $664 Establishment of an Emerado Food Pantry & Museum at the Former Emerado Presbyterian Church
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Emerado Community Development Committee - $665.82 toward a Emerado Welcomes You sign
Grants Awarded in 2018
- Emerado Cemetery Association - $480 for a New Flagpole in Cemetery
How to Apply for a Grant from the Emerado Community Endowment Fund
The Emerado Community Endowment Fund makes grants to the following entities:
1. Organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)3 or to government entities (school, park district, city etc)
2. Qualifying organizations that serve the community of Emerado, ND
Deadline: April 15
How to Apply:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Other Funds Managed by NDCF in the Emerado area
Emerado School Playground Project Fund: This fund was established in 2010 to support the Emerado School playground building project.