About the Rolla Community Endowment Fund
In the fall of 2002, a group of citizens, who were concerned with the lack of funding opportunities for rural areas, came together to create the Rolla Community Endowment Fund. The Fund is administered by the North Dakota Community Foundation in accordance with their grant making policies. A board of Rolla citizens shall be responsible for local fundraising and issuing of grants. This board shall consist of 6 to 10 persons. Every effort shall be made to maintain a healthy cross-section of persons representing the citizens of Rolla. Board members shall serve a term of two years. New members shall be elected at the beginning of the calendar year by the existing board.
Local Advisory Committee
Barbara Mothershead, Chair
c/o Starion Bank
PO Box 758
Rolla, ND 58367
or contact Amy Stromsodt, NDCF Development Director, at 701-795-1531.
The Rolla Community Endowment Fund has awarded over $123,000 in 109 grants since its inception in 2002. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2021
- City of Rolla - $1,000 Flowers for Main
- Our Saviors Lutheran Church - $585 Community Garden & Produce Pantry
- Rolette County Public Health District - $1,000 Clinic Expansion Project
- Rolla American Legion Baseball - $3,769 New Equipment Field Management
- Rolla Park Board - $2,500 Resurfacing & New Toddler Play Area
- Rolla Public Library - $1,033 Shelving Replacement
- Rolla Volunteer Fire Dept. - $1,500 Pagers & Scene Lights
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Rolla Public Library - $1120.73 to purchase DVD's, a Learning Easel with Storage, new shelving, new novels and craft supplies
- City of Rolla Forestry - $800 for Flowers for Main Street
- Revitalize Rolla - $8804.27 toward the construction of a Family Entertainment Center in Rolla
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Rolla Cemetery Committee - $1000 for general upkeep, removal of intrusive shrubs and repairs to sod
- Rolette County Public Health - $1500 to purchase portable drape kits, room dividers and carrying bags
- Rolla Volunteer Fire Department - $2000 toward the purchase of 7 sets of Techgen level 3 protective gear
- Rolla Park Board - $2300 to bring baseball diamonds up to standard code to start a Legion Baseball team for summer of 2019
- Northern Lights Baseball - $1125 toward the purchase of new jerseys for the high school baseball team
- Rolla Public Library - $1000 toward the purchase of new books and library furniture
- Rolla Elementary School - $1000 toward upgrades to playground equipment
How to Apply for a Grant from the Rolla Community Endowment Fund
- RCEF makes grants only to those organizations designated by the IRS code as 501(c)3 non-profit tax exempt groups or government agencies
- RCEF does not make grants to individuals
- Project beneficiaries shall be limited to the city of Rolla
- RCEF will not provide funding for day-to-day operations
- Organizations shall limit requests to one per year. Generally, the RCEF shall not award multi-year grants (ie pledges)
In funding decisions, the board will consider:
- Organizational management and integrity
- Level of local involvement and community support to include fundraising
- Degree to which the organization can demonstrate successful or unsuccessful attempts to leverage monies through other granting agencies or programs
- The number of citizens served and the overall impact on the community
- Innovative solutions or a new approach to an existing or recurring problem
- Degree to which the RCEF grant will affect the success of the project
Deadline: April 15
How to Apply:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.