About the Walhalla Area Community Foundation
The Walhalla Area Community Foundation was established in 2009 by a group of community leaders to build endowment and support projects that enhance the quality of life for the citizens of the Walhalla, ND area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Walhalla Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
PO Box 318
Walhalla, ND 58282
Advisory Committee Application
The Walhalla Area Community Foundation has awarded over $66,000 in 14 grants since its inception in 2009. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2021
- Gorge Arts & Heritage Council - $3,742.19 Theatre Air Conditioning System
- Walhalla Community Hospital Association - $3,742.20 Apollo Whirlpool Bathtub Replacement
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Walhalla Swimming Pool - $7,400 toward purchase of a new boiler system
- Walhalla Park District - $4,000 Walhalla City Park & Riverside Park tree removal and maintenance
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Gorge Arts & Heritage Council - $3,600 for a new screen with electrical motor for Walla Theater
- Walhalla Community Hospital Association - $3,600 Toward replacement of a handicapped accessible van for Pembilier Nursing Center
How to Apply for a Grant from the Walhalla Area Community Foundation
1. Makes grants only to those organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)3 or to government agencies.
2. Makes grants to qualifying organizations in the city of Walhalla
Application Deadline: Process opens September 1 and closes September 30 of each year
How to Apply:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Other Funds Managed by NDCF in Walhalla
Scholarships for Students from Walhalla
Alice Olson Byron Memorial Music Scholarship: The fund was established in 2010 with a gift from the family of Alice Olson Byron and the Alice Olson Memorial Fund, to assist students who have graduated from a Pembina County, ND high school to continue their post-secondary education.
Funds from Walhalla
Beaulieu Cemetery Fund: Established in 1992 to support the historic Beaulieu Cemetery maintenance
Frances & Emma Fitzsimonds Endowment Fund: Established in 1992 by Frances and Emma Fitzsimonds to support their favorite charities.
Save Our Screen Fund: Established in 2012, the purpose of the Save Our Screen Fund is to provide monies for the costs associated with the renovation/upgrade of the historic Theatre in Cavalier. Grants from the fund will be used to update/preserve the historic Cinema Theater in Cavalier, ND.