Courtenay Community Fund
About the Courtenay Community Fund
The Courtenay Community Fund was established in 2017 by Geronimo Energy to benefit the communities near the Courtenay Wind Farm, located near Courtenay, North Dakota. The fund will provide grants to nonprofit and community projects and programs for up to 20 years. A local Advisory Committee will make grant recommendations once or twice a year. For details and to apply for a grant, please choose the Apply for a Grant tab.
Email the Courtenay Community Fund firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffiney Dick - (701) 269-9734
Marcia Bollingberg - (701) 320-8783
Terry Schoeler - (701) 320-8359
Keith Mitchell - (701) 320-8850
Darold Soupir - (701) 309-0016
North Dakota Community Foundation:
Kara Geiger - (701) 222-8349
- Eligible applicants must be:
- Designated by the IRS Code as 501(c)(3); OR
- Government agency
- Groups that do not meet the criteria may enlist a Fiscal Sponsor who meets the criteria.
- Religious organizations are eligible to apply, but funding will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- No grants will be made to individuals.
- Eligible organizations must
- Serve the residents living within the footprint of the Courtenay Wind Farm, AND
- Be located within a 25-mile radius of Courtenay, ND.
Meeting the eligibility requirements is NOT a guarantee of funds.
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
- Requests for multiple-year funding
Deadline: April 30 (The deadline may be extended, or an additional grant round may be added later in the year, depending on the availability of funds, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.)
New for 2019 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Copyright © 2019 North Dakota Community Foundation