Garrison Area Community Foundation
About the Garrison Area Community Foundation
Established in 2011 by Better Living for Garrison, Inc., the Garrison Area Community Foundation provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Garrison area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Garrison Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
PO Box 445
Garrison, ND 58540
Development Director, NDCF
Apply for a Grant from the Garrison Area Community Foundation
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. Please contact Kara at NDCF for more information.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within the Garrison community.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/Garrison.
- Completed applications are due on or before October 1 of each year. The deadline may be extended, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Organizations that serve Youth, Senior Citizens, Leadership, and Community Development
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests for multiple-year funding
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
The following will NOT be considered:
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals
Deadline: October 15
New for 2019 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Grants Awarded by the Garrison Area Community Foundation in 2015
- McLean Family Resource Center - $1,200 for the food pantry
- Skyfest Over Fort Stevenson - $750 for event expenses
- Benedictine Living Center - $1704.96 to purchase a new AED unit
- Garrison Parks and Recreation - $500
- Better Living for Garrison - $1,045.04 for the Wilderness Park improvement project
Copyright © 2019 North Dakota Community Foundation