Garrison Area Community Foundation
Established in 2011 by Better Living for Garrison, Inc., the Garrison Area Community Foundation provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Garrison area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Garrison Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Garrison, ND 58540
Development Director, NDCF
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Garrison Area Resource Center & Food Pantry - $1,000 for Emergency Needs due to COVID-19 Crisis
- Garrison Community Chest - $1,600 for 2020 Garrison Community Chest Fund Drive
- Little Lunches Backpack Program - $2,500 for Little Lunches Backpack Program
Guidelines and Procedures
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. Please contact Kara at NDCF for more information.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within the Garrison community.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Completed applications are due on or before October 1 of each year. The deadline may be extended, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Organizations that serve Youth, Senior Citizens, Leadership, and Community Development
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests for multiple-year funding
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
The following will NOT be considered:
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals
Deadline: September 25
How to Apply
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.