About the Minot Community Endowment Fund
The Minot Community Endowment Fund was established by a grant from the Otto Bremer Foundation in 1981 as a way for local residents to give back to the Minot community to support nonprofit projects and programs.
The fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers who make up the Advisory Committee and recommend grants from the fund annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Renata Buen (Optimist Club) - Chair
Cameron Stone (Sunrise Rotary)
Brock DesLauriers (Sertoma Club)
Staci Kenney (Rotary Club)
Kelly Matalka (Young Professionals)
Jacob Thrailkill (Minot Lions)
Susan Ness (Kiwanis)
Kayla Goetz (Magic City Lions)
Neil Westergaard (Golden K Kiwanis)
Ex officio (non-voting)
Rich Berg (United Way)
Jason Zimmerman (MACF)
20 1st Street SW
Minot, ND 58701
Development Director, NDCF
Since the Minot Community Endowment Fund’s inception in 1981, the Charles & Madge Westlie Endowment Fund in 1999, & the T.A. & Anna Solheim Endowment Fund in 2009, over $1.255 million in 565 grants has been awarded. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2021
- Minot Area Homeless Coalition Inc - $2,500 Direct Services
- Operation Homefront, Inc - $2,500 Holiday Meals for Military
- Companions for Children, Inc - $2,500 Lunch Pals: School-Based Youth Mentoring
- Mouse River Player Community Theater - $5,000 MRP Lobby Renovation
- Minot Rotary Club - $2,500 Rotary 4 Recreation
- Minot Commission on Aging, Inc - $5,000 Senior Nutrition Program
- Project BEE (formerly YWCA Minot) - $4,797 Minot Coordinated Entry Startup
- Minot Area Chamber EDC - $3,000 Junior Achievement
- Minot Rural Fire Protection District - $20,000 New Structural Firefighting Gear
- Magic City Blessing Bank - $5,000 Magic City Blessing Bank
- Minot Social Club for Exceptional Persons Inc - $1,000 Sponsor of the Month
- The Welcome Table - $5,000 The Lord's Cupboard Food Pantry
- Northern Plains Children's Advocacy Center - $3,000 NPCAC Play Therapy
- Gymagic Gymnastics - $2,200 Gymagic Adaptive Gymnastics Classes
- 1,000 Trees for Minot Fund - $2,500 MACF Fiscal Sponsor
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Companions for Children, Inc. - $2,000 for Lunch Pals: School-Based Youth Mentoring
- Minot Area Chamber of Commerce - $3,000 for Junior Achievement
- Minot Area Homeless Coalition Inc - $4,000 for Direct services to the homeless and those about to become homeless.
- Minot Commission on Aging, Inc. - $2,000 for Senior Nutrition Program
- Minot Social Club for Exceptional Persons Inc - $2,000 for Sponsor of the Month / Reopening and Safety Awareness
- Operation Homefront, Inc. - $2,500 for Holiday Meals for Military
- Souris Valley United Way - $2,000 for Souris Valley United Way Backpack Buddies
- The Welcome Table - $2,500 for The Lord's Cupboard Food Pantry
- Domestic Violence Crisis Center - $5,000 for COVID-19 Impact Relief
- Minot Commission on Aging, Inc. - $5,000 for Meals on Wheels
- Trinity Health Foundation - $5,000 for Personal Protective Equipment
- Companions for Children, Inc. - $5,000 for General support
- Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch - $6,000 for IT Stability to Provide Distance Education & Tele-health to Vulnerable Children
- Prairie Grit Adaptive Sports - $6,300 for Operating Costs
- YWCA Minot - $10,000 for COVID-19 Response Emergency Services
- Northern Plains Children's Advocacy Center - $2,000 for Tele-Forensic Interviewing
- The Difference - A Holistic Approach - $2,000 for Healing for Trauma Victims
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Domestic Violence Crisis Center - $5,000 Additional Safety
- Full STEAM Ahead - $6,000 After School Enrichment
- Magic City Blessing Bank - $10,000 Operational Support
- UND Center for Rural Health - $2,500 UND R-COOL-Health Scrubs Academy II
- Minot Commission on Aging - $5,000 Senior Nutrution
- Souris Valley United Way - $4,000 Dolly Parton Imagination Library
- Companions for Children - $4,000 Lunch Pals: School-Based Youth Mentoring
- Dream Catchers Baseball - $3,000 Operating Costs
- Minot Area Chamber EDC - $3,000 Junior Achievement of Minot
- Minot Area Homeless Coalition - $4,000 Direct Services
- Northern Plains Children's Advocacy Center - $2,500 Therapy Art/Material Supplies Room
- The Village Family Service Center - $2,500 Supervised Parenting Time & Child Exchange Program
- The Welcome Table - $5,000 Lord's Cupboard Food Pantry
- United School District #7 - $1,000 Elementary Playground Equipment
- YWCA Minot - $5,000 Helping Hand
Apply for a Grant from the Minot Community Endowment Fund
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within the city of Minot and surrounding communities, as determined by the Advisory Committee.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Only one (1) request per organization per year will be considered.
- If your organization is outside of the Minot area, please describe in the narrative section how your project or program will specifically serve Minot area residents. Provide the number of Minot area residents served, if known.
- The grant committee welcomes and encourages applications for funding a large community project.
- If your organization received a grant last year, you MUST complete a grant evaluation before a new request will be considered.
Deadline: May 31
How to Apply
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. (The grant round will open January 1.) You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.