Minot Community Endowment Fund
About the Minot Community Endowment Fund
The Minot Community Endowment Fund was established by a grant from the Otto Bremer Foundation in 1981 as a way for local residents to give back to the Minot community to support nonprofit projects and programs.
The fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers who make up the Advisory Committee and recommend grants from the fund annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Renata Buen (Optimist Club) - Chair
Kevin Black (Sunrise Rotary)
Brock DesLauriers (Sertoma Club)
Ken Kitzman (Rotary Club)
Jessica Henderson (Young Professionals)
Jacob Thrailkill (Minot Lions)
Susan Ness (Kiwanis)
Kayla Goetz (Magic City Lions)
Neil Westergaard (Golden K Kiwanis)
Ex officio (non-voting)
Rich Berg (United Way)
Staci Kenney (MACF)
20 1st Street SW
Minot, ND 58701
Development Director, NDCF
Apply for a Grant from the Minot Community Endowment Fund
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within the city of Minot and surrounding communities, as determined by the Advisory Committee.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Only one (1) request per organization per year will be considered.
- If your organization is outside of the Minot area, please describe in the narrative section how your project or program will specifically serve Minot area residents. Provide the number of Minot area residents served, if known.
- The grant committee welcomes and encourages applications for funding a large community project.
- If you received a grant last year, you MUST complete a grant evaluation before a new request will be considered.
Grant round opens: January 1
Application deadline: May 31
New for 2019 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. (The grant round will open January 1.) You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Grants Awarded in 2018
Bio Girls Inc - $1,000 for BIO Girls Minot
Childrens Museum of Minot Inc. - $30,000 for Magic City Discovery Center Capital Campaign
Companions for Children, Inc. - $3,000 for Lunch Pals
Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch - $4,000 for "HOME" Project
Junior Achievement of Minot - $2,000 for Junior Achievement Program
Minot Area Homeless Coalition, Inc. - $4,000 for Direct Services to the Homeless
Minot Area Mens Winter Refuge - $417 for Promotional/marketing Materials
Minot Commission on Aging, Inc. - $5,000 for Senior Meals on Wheels
Minot Park District - $7,000 for 18 Disc Golf Course
Minot Social Club for Exceptional Persons Inc - $1,000 for "Sponsor of the Month" Plan
Scandinavian Heritage Association Inc - $2,100 for Audio Description Project
Souris Valley United Way - $3,500 for Dolly Parton Imagination Library for Preschoolers
Ward County Parks - $1,000 for BBQ Pits & Benches
Copyright © 2019 North Dakota Community Foundation