- Grant History
- Apply for a Grant
- Leave a Legacy
The Hebron Community Foundation was first established with funds from the Ishmael & Rose Diede estate. Ishmael was a local community photographer in Mott for 38 years, serving Hettinger and Western Morton Counties. He wished for his estate to continue to benefit the communities that had supported him and Rose throughout their lives. Thanks to his generosity, the Hebron Community Foundation now has the opportunity to provide funding for community projects and scholarships to area students.
The Hebron Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
FUNDING: Committee work is supported by the fund(s) listed to which donors can give and help us in our mission to serve the community.
ENDOWMENT: Is the primary fund, and Qualifies for 40% ND Tax Credit. (click on link for requirements) Roughly 4% of funds are put to work in the community used annually as "grants".
Non-Endowment – Endowment Fund: Allows for funding of local events from which net proceeds flow to endowment at year end. Qualifies for charitable gift as long as no benefit is given in return. Does not qualify for ND 40% income tax benefit.
NDCF is the support system for HACF with over 40 years providing comprehensive charitable services to ND. This includes donor gift planning and bequest planning for individuals, company leaders, families, and non-profits, and fiduciary services such as accounting, audit and money management. This allows local volunteer committees to focus on telling their story of their foundation impact through marketing, granting, and growing the fund.
Local Advisory Committee
Jenifer Hosman (Chair)
Myron Schaff (VP)
400 Church Ave
Hebron, ND 58638
QUESTIONS Email by clicking here
NDCF: For anonymous giving, gift planning, or unique asset gifts. contact John Heinen NDCF Western ND Support or call (701) 590-4614
INFORMATION ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
Please find attached updated brochures and yearly reports to the community as and when they exist. These are great items to download and send to family and friends in and out of the area as a way to share your story.
QUESTIONS Email the commitee by clicking here
Since the Hebron Community Foundation’s inception in 2013 & the Ishmael & Rose Diede Charitable Fund for Hebron in 2017, over $57,000 in 40 grants has been awarded. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grant Awarded in 2022
- Hebron Ambulance Service - $5,000 for a new ambulance
- Hebron Public School
- $596.40 for a driving simulator
- $547.60 for cross country warm-up uniforms
Grant Awarded in 2021
- Hebron Park District - $5803.04 City Park Renewal Project
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Hebron Fire Protection District - $4,115 Quick Response Unit Replacement
- Best Friends Mentoring Program - $750 School Based Mentoring
- Brick City Activity Center - $900 Improve Audio System for Overhead Projector
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Hebron Fire Protection District - $1,000 Fire Fighting Equipment
- Hebron Public Library - $1,000 Computers
- Hebron Public School - $795 Sensory Input Space
- Hebron Public School - $325 We're "Almost" Teenagers & We're Bored!
- Hebron Public School - $1,000 Activity/Sport Improvement Program
- Hebron Public School - $500 Builders For a Brighter Future
- Hebron Senior Center - $1,000 Nutritional Meal Program
GRANT APPLICATION ACCEPTED February 1st - MARCH 31st
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Step 4 -- Bookmark the address so when returning you can easily access. Or access with button above.
Click here for more detailed instructions and tips for using our online grant system.
Questions: email committee here
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (701) 590-4614 at NDCF for more information.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within the Hebron community.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/Hebron.
- Applications shall be due no later than April 1 each year. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Approved grant requests may be funded in full or partially, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Organizations that serve Youth, Senior Citizens, Leadership, and Community Development
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests for multiple-year funding
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
The following will NOT be considered:
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals
Plan Your Legacy
Making a lasting difference in our community or for future generations may be easier than you realize. With very simple language in your will or trust, you can help the Hebron Area Community Foundation (HACF) continue to support important projects and programs in our area forever.
Gifts to HACF are carefully invested by our partner foundation - the North Dakota Community Foundation - to generate a permanent source of charitable income.
If you have children or other relatives, you can leave a portion of your estate to them and a percentage to HACF. Doing so provides for your heirs while honoring your charitable values.
1. Download our free Estate Planning Guide - it contains helpful information and things to consider as you develop your own unique plan.
2. Reach out to a Hebron Area Community Foundation committee member to learn more about the charities and needs in our area.
3. Consider discussing (confidentially) your vision with our NDCF gift planner John Heinen. He has many years of experience helping donors create their charitable vision and better prepare for their discussions with financial planners. John's cell is 701-590-4614 or you can email him at John@NDCF.net.
4. Contact your professional advisors (financial planner, attorney and/or accountant) and ask for help in establishing a charitable gift to our foundation.
5. Make sure your will or living trust is up-to-date and reflects your charitable goals.
6. Consider notifying the charitable organizations about the gift you plan to leave them. They will appreciate your generosity and will want to know what you’d like them to do with your eventual gift if it isn't clear.
Language for Your Will or Living Trust
If you would like to include the Hebron Area Community Foundation in your will, here is some sample language to consider:
“I give and bequeath to the North Dakota Community Foundation (Tax ID Number 45-0336015), a qualified charitable organization under IRS 501(c)(3), located in Bismarck, North Dakota, ___________ (a percentage of the estate, specific dollar amount, or remainder of estate) for the Hebron Area Community Foundation, a permanent component of the North Dakota Community Foundation.”
* Be sure to contact your legal advisor.
There are many other ways to make a deferred gift to your community, including
- Making NDCF (and your specific community fund) the beneficiary of your life insurance policy, IRA, 401K, or commercial annuity
- Establishing a Charitable Gift Annuity with NDCF
- Other more sophisticated tools, depending on your unique situation
To investigate options and learn more about how other North Dakotans have given back, visit our planned giving website at www.NDCF.net/Plan.