Rugby Community Endowment Fund
About the Rugby Community Endowment Fund
The Rugby Community Endowment Fund was established in 1981 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Rugby area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Rugby Community Endowment Fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Dale G. Niewoehner
Theone "Toni" Stevenson
PO Box 196
Rugby, ND 58368
Development Director, NDCF
The Rugby Community Endowment Fund has awarded over $219,000 in 213 grants since its inception in 1981. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Rugby Lions - $10,000 for 2020 Rugby Lions COVID-19 Disaster Response & Recovery Fund
- Little Flower School - $3,200 for Little Flower School SMART Board Upgrade & Picnic Tables
- Pierce County Food Pantry - $1,500 for 2020 Christmas Food Baskets
- Rugby's Dolly Parton's Imagination Library - $1,000 for Rugby's Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
- Tri-County Senior Meals & Services - $1,000 for Tri-County Senior Meals & Services - Nutrition Services
- Village Arts, Inc. - $3,500 for Portable piano purchase
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Geographical Center Historical Society - $1,000 for Benson Law Office Repairs
- Good Samaritan Hospital Association - $3,000 for Advancing Ambulance Safety Project Rugby
- Heart of America Germans from Russia - $3,670 for Heart of America Germans from Russia Building Project Signage Needs
- Pierce County Food Pantry - $1,500 for 2019 Christmas Food Baskets
- Rugby Dolly Parton Imagination Library - $700 for Rugby's Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
- Rugby Lions - $1,700 for Rugby Lions Music in the Park
- Rugby Public School District - $1,500 for Purchase of a Majestic Quantum Field Xylophone for the Rugby Instrumental Department.
- Tri-County Senior Meals & Services - $2,000 for Tri-County Senior Meals & Services Nutrition Services
- Village Arts, Inc. - $4,000 for Heartland Civic Choir and Orchestra and Christmas Musical
Grants Awarded in 2018
- Geographical Center Historical Society - $2,000 Lions Building Repairs & Upgrades
- Good Samaritan Hospital Association - $3,000 3D Mammography Close to Home
- Heart of America Germans from Russia - $2,000 Russia Building Project
- Heart of America Library - $1,065 SEND Trunks
- Pierce County Food Pantry - $1,000 Purchase Food
- Rugby Public School District - $718 Instrumental Rental Program
- The Growing Place Daycare - $1,500 Maintenance, Cleaning & Updating Facility
- Tri-County Senior Meals & Services - $1,000 Nutrition Services
- Village Arts - $2,565 Community Choir & Orchestra Concert Program
- Rugby Chamber of Commerce - $400 Christmas in a Small Town Light Project
- Rugby Lions - $2,000 Music in the Park
Apply for a Grant from the Rugby Community Endowment Fund
- Makes grants only to those organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)3 or to government agencies. Individuals are not eligible.
- Makes grants to qualifying organizations in the city of Rugby.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to non-religious community services.
Deadline: July 1
How to Apply
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.