Rugby Community Endowment Fund
About the Rugby Community Endowment Fund
The Rugby Community Endowment Fund was established in 1981 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Rugby area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Rugby Community Endowment Fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Dale G. Niewoehner
Theone "Toni" Stevenson
PO Box 196
Rugby, ND 58368
Development Director, NDCF
Apply for a Grant from the Rugby Community Endowment Fund
1. Makes grants only to those organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)3 or to government agencies.
2. Makes grants to qualifying organizations in the city of Rugby.
Deadline: August 19
New for 2019 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Grants Awarded by the Rugby Community Endowment Fund in 2019
- Geographical Center Historical Society - $1,000 for Benson Law Office Repairs
- Good Samaritan Hospital Association - $3,000 for Advancing Ambulance Safety Project â€“ Rugby
- Heart of America Germans from Russia - $3,670 for Heart of America Germans from Russia Building Project â€“ Signage Needs
- Pierce County Food Pantry - $1,500 for 2019 Christmas Food Baskets
- Rugby Dolly Parton Imagination Library - $700 for Rugby's Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
- Rugby Lions - $1,700 for Rugby Lions Music in the Park
- Rugby Public School District - $1,500 for Purchase of a Majestic Quantum Field Xylophone for the Rugby Instrumental Department.
- Tri-County Senior Meals & Services - $2,000 for Tri-County Senior Meals & Services Nutrition Services
- Village Arts, Inc. - $4,000 for Heartland Civic Choir and Orchestra and Christmas Musical
Copyright © 2020 North Dakota Community Foundation