About the Drayton Area Community Foundation
Established in 2005 by the Consumer Math Class at Drayton High School and residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations, the Drayton Area Community Foundation provides a method of receiving funds/donations to benefit projects or non-profit organizations in the Drayton Area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)3 and North Dakota state law.
The Drayton Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Dawn van der Lith
Community Advisor, Ron Boll
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Drayton Park Board - Baseball Diamond Improvements: $990
- Drayton Sugar Bowl Senior Citizens - Replacement of five windows - $990
- Ox Cart Trails Historical Society, Inc - H G Johnson Memorial Hall Renovation Project - $990
- Pembina County Meals & Transportation - to provide rides to residents for medical appointments - $990
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Drayton Park Board - Dylan Arena Concrete Project: $500
- Drayton Public School - to support the Pembina County Backpack Program: $1,000
- Ox Cart Trails Historical Society, Inc. - HG Johnson Memorial Hall basement renovations: $1,000
- Pembina County Meals & Transportation - Local match for two transit vehicles: $1,000
Grants Awarded in 2018
- Oxcart Trails Historical Society, Inc. - H G Johnson Memorial Hall updates to street view of building: $1,000
- Drayton Police Department - Upgrades to Radio Equipment: $1,000
- Drayton Christian Youth Ministries - Support for Non-denominational Bible Camp and upgrades to camp site: $1,000
Grants Awarded in 2017
- Drayton Youth Activities Committee Inc. - Supplies for youth activities: $1,254
- Pembina County Meals and Transportation - Replace Commercial Dishwasher at Senior Center: $755
- Ox Cart Trails Historical Society - H.G. Johnson City Hall Restoration: $1,254
Grants Awarded in 2015
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes - Supplies for activities for athletes: $365
- Christian Youth Ministries - City Wide Bible Camps: $740
- Pembina County Meals and Transportation - Purchase New Computers: $740
- Ox Cart Trails Historical Society - City Hall Renovation: $1,490
Grants Awarded in 2014
- Ox Cart Trails Historical Society - H G Johnson Memorial Hall Project: $3,282
Apply for a Grant from the Drayton Area Community Foundation
- The Drayton Area Community Foundation makes grants only to those organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt group by IRS code 501(c)3 or government agencies, such as schools, park districts, etc.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations and/or projects within a 10 mile radius of the City of Drayton. An organization must be based within those boundaries to qualify for funding.
- The Drayton Area Community Foundation places a low priority on funding day-to-day operations.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- The Drayton Area Community Foundation shall not make grants to individuals.
- Organizations shall be limited to one request per calendar year.
- The Drayton Area Community Foundation generally will not make multi-year commitments.
The Drayton Area Community Foundation will accept grant applications once a year.
In funding decisions, the Advisory Board will consider:
- Each project on the merits of the project.
- Organizational management and integrity.
- Level of local involvement and community support, to include fundraising and in-kind gifts.
- The number of residents served and the overall impact on the community.
- Degree to which the Drayton Area Community Foundation grant will affect the success of the project.
Deadline: September 30
How to Apply
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Other Funds Managed by NDCF from the Drayton Area
Alice Olson Byron Memorial Music Scholarship: The fund was established in 2010 with a gift from the family of Alice Olson Byron and the Alice Olson Memorial Fund, to assist students who have graduated from a Pembina County, ND high school to continue their post-secondary education. Preference will be given to students who are pursuing a music major, but anyone actively involved in music may qualify as well.
Fern Christenson Endowment Fund: Established in 1997 by the estate of Fern Christenson who lived on a farmstead near Bowesmont, ND all his life until fragile health caused him to move to a care center. The fund will support NDCF's unrestricted grant program.