New England Community Foundation
About the New England Community Foundation
Established through the Ishmael & Rose Diede estate, the New England Community Foundation is a permanent endowment fund that will support our community for years to come. Earnings from the fund are given as grants to support nonprofit projects or programs in the New England area that work to improve our community and quality of life. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The New England Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
HELPING US BUILD THE FUND: In order for the fund to have a bigger impact in the community, we invite those in the region to make some sort of a gift. Please refer to the "other information" tab for a report and brochure to find out more. Or please call one of us on the committee. We would be happy to answer any questions.
FUNDING: (click here to make a gift online) Committee work is supported by the fund(s) listed to which donors can give and help us in our mission to serve the community.
ENDOWMENT: Is the primary fund, and Qualifies for 40% ND Tax Credit. (click on link for requirements) Roughly 4% of funds are put to work in the community used annually as "grants".
NDCF is the support system to this fund(s) with over 40 years providing comprehensive charitable services to ND. This includes donor gift planning, bequest planning, and fiduciary services such as accounting, audit and money management to and for individuals, company leaders, families, and non-profits. This allows local volunteer committees to focus on telling their story of their foundation impact through marketing, granting, and growing the fund.
Shannay Witte (Chairperson)
C/O Shannay Witte
Po Box 130 New England, ND 58647
FOUNDATION COMMITTEE Email here email@example.com
NDCF: For anonymous giving, gift planning, or unique asset gifts. contact John Heinen NDCF Western ND Support or call (701) 590-4614
ONLINE GRANT APPLICATION ACCEPTED MARCH 1st - APRIL 1st
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Step 4 -- Bookmark the address so when returning you can easily access. Or access with button above.
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. Please contact John at NDCF for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-590-4614.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within the New England community.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/NewEngland.
- Applications shall be due no later than April 30 of each year. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Approved grant requests may be funded in full or partially, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Organizations that serve Youth, Senior Citizens, Leadership, and Community Development
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for multiple-year funding Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
The following will NOT be considered:
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals
Grants Awarded since the start of the fund
5/15/2013--New England Community Grocery Store--Community Grocery Store Expansion--$3,000
5/15/2013--Rainy Butte Tumbleweeds - Daycare--Daycare Furniture Updates--$150
5/15/2013--New England Public School--Booster'S Club Children'S Theatre Production--$1,000
5/15/2013--New England Public School--Booster'S Club Football Startup Program--$1,000
5/15/2013--New England Public School--The Dolly Parton Imagination Library--$150
5/15/2014--New England Public School--The After-Prom Party--$700
5/15/2014--New England Public School--Volleyball Equipment--$1,200
5/15/2015--New England Community Renovation Project--Memorial Hall Renovation Project--$5,920
4/29/2016--New England Community Renovation Project--Microphones & Lights for Theatrical Group--$5,000
4/14/2017--New England Lions Club--Playground Equipment-- $5,672
4/30/2018--New England Public Library--Library Shelves--$4,389
4/30/2018--Open Door Food Pantry--Food for Pantry--$1,200
https://ndcf.net/learn/community-endowment-funds/newengland.html#aboutPlease find attached various materials which you can download for your own or to pass along to a family member or friend. Help get the word out about the fund, helps the fund grow and serve the community in a bigger way. Any questions please refer to the contact page to contact a committee member. Thank you!
QUESTIONS click here to contact us
Copyright © 2020 North Dakota Community Foundation