Ellendale Area Community Foundation
About the Ellendale Area Community Foundation
The Ellendale Area Community Foundation was established in 1998 by a gift from Frank Larson of Starion Bank. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Ellendale area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Ellendale Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Aaron Tschosik (Chair)
Aaron Tschosik, Starion Bank
PO Box 99
Ellendale, ND 58436
Development Director, NDCF
Apply for a Grant from the Ellendale Area Community Foundation
Ellendale Area Community Foundation makes grants only to those organizations designated by the IRS code as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups or government agencies. Grants to religious organizations are limited to non-religious projects and programs, such as community food pantry or daycare. Grants will not be made to individuals.
Any group wishing to apply for a grant must submit a request online (see below). Applications must be received by March 15 each year. The deadline may be extended at the discretion of the Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee reviews applications in April. If the committee has not notified you by May 1, you will know that your project was not chosen at this time.
In considering a request, the committee will consider:
- Organization’s management and integrity.
- Level of local involvement and support.
- The number of people to be served and the impact of the project on the community.
- The impact of the grant on the success of the project.
- The extent to which the project reflects a new approach to a problem.
- Low priority will be given for daily operational requests.
- Board will look at each project on its merits.
- Low priority will be given to projects supported by government, or which in the committee's opinion, should be funded by taxes.
- No grants outside a 40 mile radius of Ellendale.
- Grants will not be concentrated in a single community, except the city of Ellendale will receive a higher consideration because of population as well as being the headquarters for serving other surrounding communities.
Deadline: March 15
New for 2019 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Grants Awarded by the Ellendale Area Community Foundation
Grants Awarded in 2019
- $5,000 Ellendale American Legion Baseball
- $1,000 Ellendale Area Arts Council - Summer Concerts
- $1,000 Ellendale Area Arts Council - Kids Art
- $3,000 Ellendale Park Board - Golf Course
- $4,000 Ellendale Park Board - Oster Park
- $1,500 Ellendale Public Library
- $4,000 4-H Shooting Sports
- $1,000 O.P.E.R.A., Inc.
- $1,210 Prince of Peace Care Center
- $600 Trinity Bible College Athletics
- $3,500 Ellendale Community Ambulance
Copyright © 2020 North Dakota Community Foundation