About the Golden Valley County Community Foundation
The Golden Valley Community Foundation was established by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in Golden Valley County. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Golden Valley County Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
HELPING US BUILD THE FUND: In order for the fund to have a bigger impact in the community, we invite those in the region to make some sort of a gift. Please refer to the "other information" tab for a report and brochure to find out more. Or please call one of us on the committee. We would be happy to answer any questions.
FUNDING: (make a gift by clicking on the link) Committee work is supported by the fund(s) listed to which donors can give and help us in our mission to serve the community.
ENDOWMENT: Is the primary fund, and Qualifies for 40% ND Tax Credit. (click on link for requirements) Roughly 4% of funds are put to work in the community used annually as "grants".
NDCF is the support system for ACCF with over 40 years providing comprehensive charitable services to ND. This includes donor gift planning and bequest planning for individuals, company leaders, families, and non-profits, and fiduciary services such as accounting, audit and money management. This allows local volunteer committees to focus on telling their story of their foundation impact through marketing, granting, and growing the fund.
Local Advisory Committee
Dee Baertsch (Chair)
NDCF: For anonymous giving, gift planning, or unique asset gifts. contact John Heinen NDCF Western ND Support or call (701) 590-4614
Please find attached various materials which you can download for your own or to pass along to a family member or friend. Help get the word out about the fund, helps the fund grow and serve the community in a bigger way.
Grants Awarded by the Golden Valley Community Foundation in 2015
8/13/2018 Golden Valley Historical-- Museum Repairs to the Golden Valley County Museum $2,664
8/31/2017 Lincoln Elementary School-- Water Well $2,556 7/29/2016 Community Ambulance Service, Inc. -- Updating Ambulance Equipment $2,536 7/15/2015 Beach City Park Board -- Bridge for New Playground $2,500 7/15/2014 Golden Valley Manor, Inc.-- For Building Improvements $525 7/15/2014 Community Ambulance Service, Inc.-- For a Lucas CPR Machine $1,575 8/15/2013 Golden Valley County Community Foundation ORG -- For Program Expenses $285 8/15/2013 Golden Valley County Fair Association-- For Updates To The Equestrian Riding Facility $1,500 8/15/2013 City of Beach For A City Of Beach -- Walking & Biking Trail $500 8/15/2012 Community Learning & Technology Center--Program Expenses of GVCCF $265 8/15/2012 Golden Valley County Fair Association--Blue Building Renovation Project $1,500 7/15/2011 City of Beach--Improvements To The Baseball Field $1,141
ONLINE GRANT APPLICATION DUE JUNE 1st - JULY 15th
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS Code as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. Please contact email@example.com at NDCF for more information.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within Golden Valley County (and surrounding communities, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee).
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/GoldenValleyCounty and may also be available in hard copy format, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Extensions may be granted at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Organizations that serve Youth, Senior Citizens, Leadership, and Community Development
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for multiple-year funding
- The following will NOT be considered:
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Step 4 -- Bookmark the address so when returning you can easily access. Or access with button above.