The Maddock Community Endowment Fund was established in 2003 to support worthwhile programs in the Maddock, ND area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Maddock Community Endowment Fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Wanda Terpening, Committee Chair
Development Director, NDCF
The Maddock Community Foundation has awarded over $99,000 in 75 grants since its inception in 2003. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2021
- Maddock Community Historical Society - $845 for Metal Roof Covering.
- Maddock Opera House Association - $565 for Harriman Building Addition
- Maddock Public School - $1,45 for Playground Remodeling Project
- Harriman's Coffee House - $845 for Espresso Machines
- Maddock Community Center Corporation - $1,125 for Heating Boiler
- Maddock Memorial Home - $1,405 for Steel Roofing
- Maddock Sports Boosters - $1,405 for Gymnasium Floor
- Little Bobcats Daycare - $1,405 for Start Up Costs
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Maddock Community Historical Society - $1,966.50 Roof Maintenance
- Maddock Opera House Association - $1,966.50 USDA Loan Payment
- Maddock Public School - $5,000 Technology Improvement Program
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Alzheimer's Association MN-ND - $250 Memory Information Toolkits
- Benson County Events Center - $1,155 County Events Center Ventilation System
- Benson County Transportation - $1,155 Garage Build & Office Remodel
- Feed My Starving Children - $500 Mobile Pack
- Lake Region District Health, Benson County - $500 Operating
- Maddock Community Historical Society - $1,155 Renovation of Historic Cottage in City Park
- Maddock Community Library - $350 Preschool Library Connection
- Maddock Opera House Association - $1,155 Harriman Curtain Fund
- Maddock Economic Development - $1,155 Concession Stand
- Maddock Public School - $1,155 Playground Renovation
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS Code as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. No grants shall be made to individuals.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within the community of Maddock.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
- Requests for multiple-year funding
Deadline: March 31
How to apply:
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.