- Grant History
- Apply for a Grant
- Leave a Legacy
The Maddock Community Endowment Fund was established in 2003 to support worthwhile programs in the Maddock, ND area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Maddock Community Endowment Fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Wanda Terpening, Committee Chair
Development Director, NDCF
Annual Reports and other materials
The Maddock Community Foundation has awarded over $100,000 in grants since its inception in 2003. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2022
- Little Bobcats Daycare - $5,750 for outside fencing for future playground/storage shed
- Maddock Community Historical Society - $4,000 for Metal Roof Covering for the "Wore Before Store"
Grants Awarded in 2021
- Maddock Community Historical Society - $845 for Metal Roof Covering.
- Maddock Opera House Association - $565 for Harriman Building Addition
- Maddock Public School - $1,450 for Playground Remodeling Project
- Harriman's Coffee House - $845 for Espresso Machines
- Maddock Community Center Corporation - $1,125 for Heating Boiler
- Maddock Memorial Home - $1,405 for Steel Roofing
- Maddock Sports Boosters - $1,405 for Gymnasium Floor
- Little Bobcats Daycare - $1,405 for Start Up Costs
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Maddock Community Historical Society - $1,966.50 Roof Maintenance
- Maddock Opera House Association - $1,966.50 USDA Loan Payment
- Maddock Public School - $5,000 Technology Improvement Program
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Alzheimer's Association MN-ND - $250 Memory Information Toolkits
- Benson County Events Center - $1,155 County Events Center Ventilation System
- Benson County Transportation - $1,155 Garage Build & Office Remodel
- Feed My Starving Children - $500 Mobile Pack
- Lake Region District Health, Benson County - $500 Operating
- Maddock Community Historical Society - $1,155 Renovation of Historic Cottage in City Park
- Maddock Community Library - $350 Preschool Library Connection
- Maddock Opera House Association - $1,155 Harriman Curtain Fund
- Maddock Economic Development - $1,155 Concession Stand
- Maddock Public School - $1,155 Playground Renovation
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS Code as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. No grants shall be made to individuals.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within the community of Maddock.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
- Requests for multiple-year funding
Deadline: March 31
How to apply:
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Click here for more detailed instructions and tips for using our online grant system.
Plan Your Legacy
Making a lasting difference in our community or for future generations may be easier than you realize. With very simple language in your will or trust, you can help the Maddock Community Foundation (MCF) continue to support important projects and programs in our area forever.
Gifts to MCF are carefully invested by our partner foundation - the North Dakota Community Foundation - to generate a permanent source of charitable income.
If you have children or other relatives, you can leave a portion of your estate to them and a percentage to MCF. Doing so provides for your heirs while honoring your charitable values.
1. Download our free Estate Planning Guide - it contains helpful information and things to consider as you develop your own unique plan.
2. Reach out to an Maddock Community Foundation committee member to learn more about the charities and needs in our area.
3. Consider discussing (confidentially) your vision with our NDCF gift planner Kara Geiger. She has many years of experience helping donors create their charitable vision and better prepare for their discussions with financial planners. You can reach Kara at 701-222-8349 or you can email her at Kara@NDCF.net.
4. Contact your professional advisors (financial planner, attorney and/or accountant) and ask for help in establishing a charitable gift to our foundation.
5. Make sure your will or living trust is up-to-date and reflects your charitable goals.
6. Consider notifying the charitable organizations about the gift you plan to leave them. They will appreciate your generosity and will want to know what you’d like them to do with your eventual gift if it isn't clear.
Language for Your Will or Living Trust
If you would like to include the Maddock Community Foundation in your will, here is some sample language to consider:
“I give and bequeath to the North Dakota Community Foundation (Tax ID Number 45-0336015), a qualified charitable organization under IRS 501(c)(3), located in Bismarck, North Dakota, ___________ (a percentage of the estate, specific dollar amount, or remainder of estate) for the Maddock Community Foundation, a permanent component of the North Dakota Community Foundation.”
* Be sure to contact your legal advisor.
There are many other ways to make a deferred gift to your community, including
- Making NDCF (and your specific community fund) the beneficiary of your life insurance policy, IRA, 401K, or commercial annuity
- Establishing a Charitable Gift Annuity with NDCF
- Other more sophisticated tools, depending on your unique situation
To investigate options and learn more about how other North Dakotans have given back, visit our planned giving website at www.NDCF.net/Plan.