Harvey Area Community Foundation
About the Harvey Area Community Foundation
The Harvey Area Community Foundation was established in 2008 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Harvey area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Harvey Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
120 W 8th St.
Harvey, ND 58341
Development Director, NDCF
Grants Awarded by the Harvey Area Community Foundation in 2019
- Central Cinema Theater - $2,000 for Sound System upgrade
- City of Harvey - $1,900 for Harvey Centennial Nature Park West Pathway
- Harvey Ambulance Service, Inc. - $3,000 for Harvey Ambulance Vehicle Replacement Fund
- Harvey School District 38 Elementary Art Department - $500 for Arts and literature for the 21st Century Learner
- St. Aloisius Medical Center - $700 for Harvey Cardiac Ready Community
Apply for a Grant from the Harvey Area Community Foundation
• Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS Code as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies.
• Grants shall be awarded to organizations within Harvey and surrounding communities, as determined by the Advisory Committee.
• Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
• Applications shall be due September 30 of each year. The deadline may be extended at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
• Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
• Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
• Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
• Requests for multiple-year funding
Deadline: September 30
New for 2019 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.