Carrington Community Endowment Fund
About the Carrington Community Endowment Fund
Established in 1980 to support Carrington area community projects, the Carrington Community Endowment Fund provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to worthwhile projects. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Carrington Community Endowment Fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
PO Box 108
Carrington, ND 58421
Development Director, NDCF
How to Apply for a Grant from the Carrington Community Endowment Fund
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)3 or to government agencies that serve the community of Carrington.
- Low priority will be given to grants requesting funds for day-to-day operations.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- To be considered for the current grant round, organizations must submit a completed application by March 15 of each year. The Advisory Committee may approve a second round of funding for the year. If a second round of funding takes place, the deadline for those applications is September 15.
In funding decisions, the board will consider the following:
- Organizational management and integrity
- Level of local involvement and support
- The number of people to be served
- The impact of the grant on the success of the project
- Multiple requests from a single organization in a given year may impact funding for one or all requests.
- Previous grantees may not be considered for subsequent funding if a final grant report was not received.
Deadline: March 15
New for 2019 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Grants Awarded in 2018
Carrington Fire Department - $5,000 for PPE Replacement
Carrington Health Center - $2,886 for Emergency Medical Services Equipment
Carrington Kiwanis Club - $1,539 for Purchase Replacement Pancake Grill
Carrington Senior Citizens - $1,500 for Light Fixture Replacement
Carrington Youth Center - $3,450 for Carrington Theatre Flooring
Foster County Auditor - $1,714 for Courthouse Park Update
Caring-Ton Child Care Center Inc - $1,113 for New Equipment & Toys
Copyright © 2019 North Dakota Community Foundation