Mohall Area Community Foundation
The Mohall Area Community Foundation was established in 2007 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Mohall area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Mohall Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually. Visit the Grants History tab above to see the list of grants recently awarded.
Local Advisory Committee
Advisory Committee members work with NDCF to build and promote the endowment fund. They also review grant applications annually and recommend which projects receive funding.
Development Director, NDCF
Ways to Give
You can give by cash, check, stock, partial gift of insurance, real-estate, collections, equipment, or even ag commodities. Please contact NDCF directly if you wish to donate stock or property so that we may guide you (or your financial advisor) through the process.
Individuals who give at least $5,000 and businesses that give any amount may take a 40% income tax credit for gifts to the HMB "Uncle T's" Community Foundation. Restrictions apply, so please visit our tax credit page to learn more.
Set up a gift in your estate plans. Make a specific, percentage, or residual designation in your will/trust or as a partial beneficiary of a retirement fund or insurance to create a simple legacy gift.
Regardless of the type of gift, requests for anonymity will always be honored. Please contact NDCF directly if you would like to make an anonymous gift.
To donate via check, make payable to NDCF with "Mohall Area Community Foundation" in the memo line and mail to
PO BOX 387
Bismarck, ND 58502
The Mohall Area Community Foundation has awarded over $20,000 in 24 grants since its inception in 2007. Recent grant awards are listed below.
- City of Mohall - $1,200 Splash Pad Project
- Renville-Bottineau Senior Citizen's Homes - $750 Facility Updates
- Zion Lutheran Church - $450 School Supply Giveaway Program
- City of Mohall - $996 for the Splash Pad
- Kenmare Wheels and Meals - $1,200 for Mohall Hot Meal Home Delivery
- City of Mohall - $1,000 Fairgrounds Playground Equipment
- Kenmare Wheels and Meals - $390 Senior Meal Program
- Mohall Lansford Sherwood School District #1 - $600 STEM Makerspace
Guidelines and Procedures
• Grants shall be awarded to those organized under IRS code 501(c)3 and those with an official relationship to a government entity (school, park district, city etc.)
• Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve the community of Mohall.
• Grants will generally not exceed $1000 per application.
• Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
In funding decisions, the board will consider the following:
• Organizational management and integrity
• Level of local involvement and support
• The number of people to be served
• The impact of the grant on the success of the project
Deadline: September 15
How to Apply
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.