Mohall Area Community Foundation
The Mohall Area Community Foundation was established in 2008 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Mohall area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Mohall Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
PO Box 68
Mohall, ND 58761
Development Director, NDCF
The Mohall Area Community Foundation has awarded over $20,000 in 24 grants since its inception in 2007. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2021
- City of Mohall - $1,200 Splash Pad Project
- Renville-Bottineau Senior Citizen's Homes - $750 Facility Updates
- Zion Lutheran Church - $450 School Supply Giveaway Program
Grants Awarded in 2020
- City of Mohall - $996 for the Splash Pad
- Kenmare Wheels and Meals - $1,200 for Mohall Hot Meal Home Delivery
Grants Awarded in 2019
- City of Mohall - $1,000 Fairgrounds Playground Equipment
- Kenmare Wheels and Meals - $390 Senior Meal Program
- Mohall Lansford Sherwood School District #1 - $600 STEM Makerspace
Guidelines and Procedures
• Grants shall be awarded to those organized under IRS code 501(c)3 and those with an official relationship to a government entity (school, park district, city etc.)
• Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve the community of Mohall.
• Grants will generally not exceed $1000 per application.
• Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
In funding decisions, the board will consider the following:
• Organizational management and integrity
• Level of local involvement and support
• The number of people to be served
• The impact of the grant on the success of the project
Deadline: September 15
How to Apply
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.