Mohall Area Community Foundation
About the Mohall Area Community Foundation
The Mohall Area Community Foundation was established in 2008 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Mohall area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Mohall Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
PO Box 68
Mohall, ND 58761
Development Director, NDCF
Grants Awarded by the Mohall Area Community Foundation in 2020
- City of Mohall - $1,000 for Mohall Fairgrounds Playground Equipment
- Kenmare Wheels and Meals - $390 for Mohall Senior Meal Program
- Mohall Lansford Sherwood School District #1 - $600 for Mohall Lansford Sherwood School District STEM/Makerspace
Apply for a Grant from the Mohall Area Community Foundation
• Grants shall be awarded to those organized under IRS code 501(c)3 and those with an official relationship to a government entity (school, park district, city etc.)
• Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve the community of Mohall.
• Grants will generally not exceed $1000 per application.
• Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
In funding decisions, the board will consider the following:
• Organizational management and integrity
• Level of local involvement and support
• The number of people to be served
• The impact of the grant on the success of the project
Deadline: September 15
New for 2018 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.