The Wishek Area Community Foundation was established in 2016 by a group of community-minded residents who wanted to improve the quality of life in Wishek, now and forever.
The Foundation provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Wishek area. It is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Wishek Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually. Grants from the fund will benefit a wide variety of nonprofit and community projects and programs.
Wishek Area Community Foundation
C/O Debra Dohn
PO Box 531
Wishek ND 58495
Development Director, NDCF
Guidelines and Procedures
- Organizations must be recognized under IRS code 501(c)(3) to qualify for a grant. Any organization with an official relationship to city or state government (school, park district etc.) would also qualify.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve the Wishek area.
- Grants will not be given to organizations requesting funds for day-to-day operations.
- Grants for multi-year requests (pledges) will not be made, however an organization may re-apply for a grant each year, provided all previous grant reporting was completed.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- No grants shall be made to individuals.
- Grants shall be awarded annually at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
Deadline: October 1
How to Apply:
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Other Funds Serving the Wishek Area
Wishek Pool Renovation Fund
Established in 2016, this fund will collect tax-deductible donations that will be used to fund the renovation of the Wishek swimming pool and pool house.