About the McKenzie County Community Foundation
The McKenzie County Community Foundation was established by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in McKenzie County. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The McKenzie County Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
FUNDING: (click her to make a gift(s)). Committee work is supported by the fund(s) listed to which donors can give and help us in our mission to serve the community.
ENDOWMENT: Is the primary fund, and Qualifies for 40% ND Tax Credit. (click on link for requirements) Roughly 4% of funds are put to work in the community used annually as "grants".
Non-Endowment PROJECT Fund: Provides immediate granting, and funds for marketing launching events. Qualifies as a charitable gift if no benefit is given in return, but NOT for 40% ND income tax credit.
NDCF is the support system to this fund(s) with over 40 years providing comprehensive charitable services to ND. This includes donor gift planning, bequest planning, and fiduciary services such as accounting, audit and money management to and for individuals, company leaders, families, and non-profits. This allows local volunteer committees to focus on telling their story of their foundation impact through marketing, granting, and growing the fund.
Local Advisory Committee
Marcia Hellandsaas (Chair)
McKenzie County Community Foundation (MCCF)
C/O NDSU Ext 201 5th St NW Suite 525 Watford, ND 58854
Phone (701) 444-3451
NDCF: For anonymous giving, gift planning, or unique asset gifts. contact John Heinen NDCF Western ND Support or call (701) 590-4614
ONLINE GRANT APPLICATION SEPT 1st -- Sept 28th
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Step 4 -- Bookmark the address so when returning you can easily access. Or access with button above.
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. Please contact John Heinen at NDCF for more infomration (701) 590-4614 or email@example.com.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve McKenzie County residents.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-sectarian and serve the entire community.
- Extensions may be granted and additional grant application deadlines may be added at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Approved grant requests may be funded in full or partially, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals will NOT be considered.
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses will receive a lower priority.
- Requests for projects or programs that serve a greater number of community residents will receive higher priority.
10/15/2011 Watford City Park District -- For Baseball Scholarships $513
12/15/2014 Dakota's Annual Conference of the UMC --The Bakken Oil Rush Ministry $2,300
12/31/2015 Dakota's Annual Conference of the -- UMC Winter Items for Needy $2,700
12/15/2016 Bakken Oil Rush Ministries -- Purchase Washer/Dryer, Riding Mower, Snow Boots $3,000
11/30/2017 Pioneer Museum McKenzie County -- After Work & School Outreach for Parents & Children $800
11/30/2017 Long X Arts Foundation -- Badlands Arts Showcase $1,000
11/30/2017 Save the Maah Daah Hey Save the Maah Daah Hey -- Trailwork $1,000
11/30/2017 Summit Counseling Services --Children's Therapy Programming & Education $1,000
12/12/2018 Watford City Police Foundation -- Blue Santa $1,000
12/12/2018 Marketplace of Ideas/Marketplace for Kids -- T4 (Tools, Trades, Torque and Technology) $1,000
12/12/2018 McKenzie County Emergency Management -- I'm Not Scared..I'm Prepared I know all about ALICE $425
12/12/2018 Pioneer Museum of McKenzie County -- Community Outreach/Tater Tot's $1,000
12/12/2018 Arnegard Rural Fire Department Arnegard FD/QRU Upfit $3,000
12/12/2018 First Lutheran Church -- FREE Community Thanksgiving Meal $1,119
12/12/2018 Long X Arts Foundation -- Homefest Art in the Park $3,000
Copyright © 2019 North Dakota Community Foundation