Casselton Community Endowment Fund
About the Casselton Community Endowment Fund
Established in 1993 to support Casselton area community projects, the Casselton Community Endowment Fund provides a method of receiving funds/donations to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in Casselton, North Dakota. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(C)3 and North Dakota State law.
The Casselton Community Endowment Fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
PO Box 246
Casselton, ND 58012
or contact Amy Stromsodt (701-795-1531), Development Director at the North Dakota Community Foundation.
The Casselton Area Community Foundation since 1993, & the Bradley & Julie Burgum Family fund since 2015, have awarded over $372,000 in 287 grants. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2021
- Casselton Economic Development
- $5,000 Street Banners
- $1,500 Casselton Connect
- Central Cass Public Schools - $1,000 Spreading Sunshine
- Casselton Park District
- $3,621 Swimming Pool
- $4,500 Casselton Flowers
- Casselton Public Library - $2,000 Summer Reading Program
- Central Cass PTA - $1,000 STEM & Science Festival
- Central Cass Treehouse - $1,000 Food Basket/Summer Food Projects
- Community of Care - $2,000 Volunteer Program
- Memorial F-4 Paint Project - $4,000 Project Costs
- Rural Cass County Emergency Food Pantry - $3,000 General Fund/Cleaning Products
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Casselton Park District
- $3,000 for Flowers in the Park
- $3,000 For Swimming Pool Bathhouse
- $3,000 for Fishing Dock at Tinta Tawa Park
- Cottonwood Golf Course - $3,500 for Tee Box Renovation
- Central Cass Archery Club - $1,200 for Archery Program at School
- Central Cass Spreading Sunshine - $1,500 for "Spreading Sunshine" Program for Teachers
- Rural Cass County Emergency Food Pantry - $4,000 for COVID Supplies
- Community of Care - $2,000 for Gas Cards for Volunteers' Expenses
- Casselton Public Library - $2,500 for Library Shelving
- Absaraka Parks - $4,000 for New Basketball Court
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Casselton Heritage Center, INC - $1,000 to Sponsor Music Event
- Casselton Park District - $3,000 for Governor's Park Sprinkler System Renovation
- Casselton Park District - $2,000 for City Beautification/Flowers
- Casselton Public Library - $2,000 for Bookcases
- Central Cass Archer Club - $500 for General Operating Support
- Central Cass Public School - $1,500 for Project Sunshine
- Central Cass Public School - $2,770.20 for Literacy Footprints Guided Reading System (Kindergarten Kit Classroom)
- Community of Care - $1,000 to Support the Volunteer Program
- Cottonwood Golf Course - $2,500 for Clubhouse Parking Lot Repair
- Rural Cass Community Theater - $7,000 to support Community Theater Directors/Leaders for 2020 Theater Arts Season
- Rural Cass County Emergency Food Pantry - $2,500 to Upgrade the Fridge/Freezer & Additional Storage
How to Apply for a Grant from the Casselton Community Endowment Fund
The Casselton Community Endowment Fund only makes grants to:
1. Organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)3 or to government agencies.
2. Qualifying organizations in the city of Casselton.
Application Deadline: October 30
How to Apply:
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.