Hannaford Area Community Foundation
About the Hannaford Area Community Foundation
The Hannaford Area Community Foundation was established in 2008 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Hannaford area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Hannaford Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
PO Box 23
Hannaford, ND 58448
or contact Amy Stromsodt, CFRE, NDCF Development Director, at 701-741-3193
The Hannaford Area Community Foundation has awarded over $22,000 in 18grants since its inception in 2008. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grant Awarded in 2021:
- Hannaford Community Corporation - $2,000 Library Roof Project
Grants Awarded in 2020:
- Griggs County Community Youth Project - $300 New roof on the "More for Less" thrift store
- Hannaford Community Corporation - $2,700 toward the Gym Wall project
- Hospice of the Red River Valley - $200 to support bereavement services for local residents
Grants Awarded in 2019:
- Hannaford Area Arts Council - $500 toward the purchase of office equipment/supplies
- Hannaford Park District - $2,000 City Park Playground Equipment Project
How to Apply for a Grant from the Hannaford Area Community Foundation
1. Grants will be issued to only those organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)3, or to government entities.
2. Grants will be issued to qualifying organizations that serve the community of Hannaford.
3. Grant deadline is October 30th of each year.
How to Apply:
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.