New Rockford Community Foundation
The New Rockford Community Foundation was established in 2008 to support worthwhile charitable programs in the New Rockford, ND area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The New Rockford Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Josh Guler, Chair
Kara Geiger, Development Director
Donations may be mailed to:
New Rockford Area Community Foundation
c/o New Rockford Area Betterment Corportation
PO Box 775
New Rockford, ND 58356
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Dakota Prairie Regional Center for the Arts - $1,568 for summer production
- Community Ambulance Service of New Rockford - $3,000 for COVID-19 relief
How to Apply for a Grant from the New Rockford Community Foundation
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations and/or projects that primarily serve the New Rockford community.
- Generally, the New Rockford Community Foundation will not provide funding for an organization’s operational expenses.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- The New Rockford Community Foundation will not make grants to individuals or for-profit companies.
- Multi-year grants will not be funded. Organizations and projects will need to re-apply annually for continued funding consideration.
- The New Rockford Community Foundation will accept grant applications once a year. Applications are due by April 30 to be eligible for that year’s funding.
In funding decisions, the Advisory Board will consider:
- Each project individually on its own merits.
- The organization’s management, integrity and reputation.
- Level of local involvement and community support, to include other fundraising efforts.
- The degree to which the organization can demonstrate successful attempts to leverage monies from other funding sources.
- The project’s overall impact on the community, including number of residents served.
- The degree to which the New Rockford Community Foundation grant will affect the success of the project.
How to Apply
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.