New Rockford Community Foundation
The New Rockford Community Foundation was established in 2008 to support worthwhile charitable programs in the New Rockford, ND area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The New Rockford Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Josh Guler, Chair
Kara Geiger, Development Director
Donations may be mailed to:
New Rockford Area Community Foundation
c/o New Rockford Area Betterment Corportation
PO Box 775
New Rockford, ND 58356
Grants Awarded in 2018
- American Legion Post #30 - $310 for Building Front Renovation
- Central North Dakota Steam Threshers Inc - $400 for Brinsmade Church Foundation Project
- Community Ambulance Service of New Rockford - $500 for Intraosseous Infusion Kit
- Eagles Aerie No 2923 - $400 for Flooring Project Phase II
- Eddy-New Rockford Library - $400 for Library Remodel
- Lake Region District Health Unit - Eddy County - $600 for Digital Adult Immunization Records
- Lutheran Home of the Good Shepherd - $300 for Highchairs and Locking Cabinet
- Rockin' Fitness - $400 for Water Aerobics Equipment
- Women's Auxiliary Cemetery Association - $300 for Fundraising Program Support
How to Apply for a Grant from the New Rockford Community Foundation
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations and/or projects that primarily serve the New Rockford community.
- Generally, the New Rockford Community Foundation will not provide funding for an organization’s operational expenses.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- The New Rockford Community Foundation will not make grants to individuals or for-profit companies.
- Multi-year grants will not be funded. Organizations and projects will need to re-apply annually for continued funding consideration.
- The New Rockford Community Foundation will accept grant applications once a year. Applications are due by April 30 to be eligible for that year’s funding. Applicants will be notified of the board’s decision within 30 days of the deadline.
In funding decisions, the Advisory Board will consider:
- Each project individually on its own merits.
- The organization’s management, integrity and reputation.
- Level of local involvement and community support, to include other fundraising efforts.
- The degree to which the organization can demonstrate successful attempts to leverage monies from other funding sources.
- The project’s overall impact on the community, including number of residents served.
- The degree to which the New Rockford Community Foundation grant will affect the success of the project.
New for 2019 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.