Enderlin Area Community Endowment Fund
Recorded link still available for purchase!
About the Enderlin Area Community Endowment Fund
The Enderlin Area Community Endowment Fund was established in 2014 by a group of area residents who wanted to support and improve the quality of life in the Enderlin area. It is a permanent endowment fund that will support the communities of Enderlin, Sheldon, Alice, and Nome. Earnings from the fund will be given as grants to support nonprofit projects or programs that work to improve our communities and quality of life. The North Dakota Community Foundation, a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota law, provides professional management for the fund. Gifts to the fund are tax deductible to the fullest extent of state and federal law.
The Enderlin Area Community Endowment Fund is a local group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Dr. Maggie Peterson
318 Railway Street
Enderlin, ND 58027
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Enderlin Rural Fire Protection - $2,469 for PPE/Supplies/Training expenses related to COVID-19
- Happy Trails Child Care - $1,000 for COVID-19 Payroll Relief
- Happy Trails Child Care - $1,469 toward purchase of residence
Grants Awarded in 2019
- City of Enderlin - $1,225 toward All Hands on Deck Phase II, swimming pool project
- Enderlin historical Society & Museum - $375 toward technology upgrades
- Enderlin Lions - $976.62 to purchase a large tent/shelter for community events
- Happy Trails Child Care - $725 toward a new facility
- Maryhill Manor - $1,225 toward purchase of a new whirlpool bathing tub
Grants Awarded in 2018
- All Hands on Deck Committee - $1,500 toward new pool fundraising
- Enderlin Rural Fire Protection - $1,500 for roof and lighting upgrades
- HEART Living at Home - $584 for Encore Thrift Store displays and fixtures
Grants Awarded in 2017
- Enderlin Wellness Center - Gym Operation Hardware: $1,155
- Mary Hill Manor - Toward Purchase of New Van: $1,000
Grants Awarded in 2016
- Enderlin Municipal Library - $600 toward flooring in the entryway and bathrooms
- Enderlin Historical Society and Museum - $400 toward the renovation of public restrooms
- Enderlin Senior Center - $232 to remodeling of interior of the Center
How to Apply for a Grant from the Enderlin Area Community Endowment Fund
Organizations applying for grants from the Enderlin Area Community Endowment Fund must meet the following guidelines:
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations recognized under IRS Code 501(c)3; those with an official relationship to local government (ie school, park district, city); or those who have an official fiscal sponsor with one of these designations
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve the communities of Enderlin, Sheldon, Alice or Nome
- Organizations will be limited to one application per year
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community
- Applications must be received by April 15 of each year.
Other Granting Considerations
Advisory Committee Members will look at the following factors when making granting decisions:
- The impact of the grant on the success of the project
- The number of people who will benefit from the project/number of people served
- Organizational management and integrity
- Level of local involvement and support
Deadline: April 15
How to Apply:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Other Funds Administered by NDCF in the Enderlin area
Sheldon Mizpah Masonic Lodge Scholarship: The scholarship will assist a graduating senior residing in the original Sheldon School District as of June, 2007. Preference will be given to a student who is in the top 25% of the graduating class.