Anamoose Area Community Foundation
Please consider gifting a portion of your harvest this year!
It’s an easy way to support our area’s permanent fund without having to open your checkbook. Plus, you don’t have to claim the income from the sale, and you can still deduct the cost of production for whatever you donate!
Simply fill out the donation card, and give it to your broker, co-op, or elevator. They will take care of the rest, and you will have made a difference, forever, in our community!
For more detailed information about gifting commodities, please read this article written by a retired CPA, farmer, and NDCF Board Member.
If you have questions, please contact Kara Geiger with the North Dakota Community Foundation at 701-222-8349.
Thank you from all of us on the Advisory Committee!
The Anamoose Area Community Foundation was established in 2008 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing annual grants to benefit projects and nonprofit organizations in the Anamoose area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
Keep up with everything Anamoose, including the Anamoose Area Community Foundation, by visiting the official Anamoose blog.
The Anamoose Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Norma Martin, President
Pat Sieg, Secretary
Anamoose Area Community Foundation
PO Box 5
Anamoose, ND 58710
Kara Geiger, Development Director
The Anamoose Area Community Foundation has awarded over $76,000 in 54 grants since its inception in 2008. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Anamoose Housing Corporation - $4,400 for Replacing Kitchen Cabinets In All Units
- Anamoose Park Board - $500 for Concessions Stand Addition
- Anamoose Public School - $2,300 for Water Fountain Replacement
- City of Anamoose - $500 for Main Street Flowers 2021
- Tri-County Senior Meals & Services - $1,500 for Anamoose Senior Nutrition Meal
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Anamoose Park Board - $2,500 for Concessions Stand Addition
- Anamoose Public School - $2,000 for Playground Upgrade
- City of Anamoose - $560 for Main Street Flowers
- City of Anamoose - $1,500 for Main Street Sidewalks Project
- McHenry County Historical Society - $500 for Cement Floor with Heat
- Tri-County Senior Meals Service - $1,500 for Nutrition Services
Grants Awarded in 2018
- Anamoose Housing Corporation - $3,100 for Sidewalk & Parking Pad Project
- Anamoose Rural Fire Protection District - $2,000 for New Grass Fire Unit
- Early Explorers Head Start - $1,532 for Classroom
- Tri-County Senior Meals Service - $1,500 Nutrition Program
Apply for a Grant from the Anamoose Area Community Foundation
- Organizations must be recognized under IRS code 501(c)(3) to qualify for a grant. Any organization with an official relationship to city or state government (school, park district etc.) would also qualify.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve the Anamoose area.
- Grants will not be given to organizations requesting funds for day-to-day operations.
- Grants for multi-year requests (pledges) will not be made, however an organization may re-apply for a grant each year, provided all previous grant reporting was completed.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- No grants shall be made to individuals.
- Grants shall be awarded annually at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
Deadline: September 1
How To Apply
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.