Jamestown Community Foundation
About the Jamestown Community Foundation
The Jamestown Community Foundation was established in 1984 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Jamestown area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Jamestown Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Barbara Lang, President
Curt Liechty, Vice President
Paulette Ritter, Secretary
Kim Lunde, Treasurer
Mary Lou Urquhart
723 1st Ave South, Suite 216
Jamestown, ND 58401
Development Director, NDCF
Apply for a Grant from the Jamestown Community Foundation
• Grants will be directed to programs and services that benefit a broad segment of our community. Emphasis is placed on applicants who have limited access to other sources of funding.
• Organizations or groups seeking funds must be able to demonstrate effective leadership, sound fiscal management and clear goals.
• Organizations or groups should have at least one full year of operating experience, sufficient resources to accomplish stated objectives, and the capacity to make a significant, favorable impact on the community.
• Grants are limited to one per year per organization or group; multiple grants to the same organization over several years are also limited. The Jamestown Community Foundation does not make multi-year grant commitments. Grants normally do not exceed $5,000.
Grants should generally not be considered if they are:
• Outside the purpose or scope of the Jamestown Community Foundation or activities which jeopardize our tax exempt status.
• To individuals or groups seeking support for research, planning, personal needs, or travel.
• To religious organizations for support of denominational causes.
• To public service, political campaigns, or political lobbying activities.
• To fraternal, veterans, state or national professional or trade associations.
• For athletic scholarships, or advertising sponsorships.
• For publications, audio-visual productions, or special broadcasts.
• To other Foundations, Endowments or endowment campaigns, or for capital debt reduction.
• For general operating support.
Please complete the online application and supporting materials, including:
- A description of the organization or group.
- A description of the project including cost, goals and objectives, and time frame.
- A completed application signed by an officer of the organization or group.
- The possibility of the grant leveraging additional support from other sources.
- The level of local involvement and support.
- The number of people served and the impact of the program on the community
- The degree to which the program duplicates or complements the work of other community organizations.
- The impact of the Jamestown Community Foundation’s grant on the success of the project.
- The program budget and other sources of financial support.
- A copy of the most recent financial statement, if available, preferably audited, or the Form # 990.
- A list of management, staff, and the board of directors.
- A personal interview with a Jamestown Community Foundation Board member and/or a presentation to the JCF Board if requested.
If you have any questions or need additional information, you may contact the Jamestown Area Chamber of Commerce.
Deadline: The committee reviews requests quarterly. Applications are welcome any time.
New for 2018 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Grants Awarded by the Jamestown Community Foundation in 2016
- Heritage Centre of Jamestown - $1,360 for Automatic Door Openers
- Safe Shelter - $5,000 for Construction for Short-term Emergency Shelter Faci
- Jamestown Park & Recreation Department - $5,000 for Delopment of Handicap Accessible Nature Trail
Copyright © 2019 North Dakota Community Foundation