About the Stanley Area Community Foundation
The Stanley Area Community Foundation was established in 2008 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Stanley area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Stanley Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
HELPING US BUILD THE FUND: In order for the fund to have a bigger impact in the community, we invite those in the region to make some sort of a gift. Please refer to the "other information" tab for a report and brochure to find out more. Or please call one of us on the committee. We would be happy to answer any questions.
Local Advisory Committee
Wayne E. Johnson
Jenny Gaaskjolen (Chair)
PO Box 154
Stanley, ND 58784
Please find attached various materials which you can download for your own or to pass along to a family member or friend. Help get the word out about the fund, helps the fund grow and serve the community in a bigger way. Any questions please refer to the contact page to contact a committee member. Thank you!
PAST AND PRESENT NEWSPAPER ARTICLES ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
Please click on the links below to view a copy of articles regarding the foundation.
The Stanley Area Community Foundation has awarded over $339,000 in 79 grants since its inception in 2008. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Mountrail County Medical Center - $10,300 Chemotherapy & Infusion Treatment Room
- Prairie Rose Golf Course - $18,606 Club House Project
- Stanley Area Cares for Kids - $1,500 Program Support
- Stanley Community Public Schools - $7,000 Playground
- Stanley Parks & Recreation - $5,000 Ray Rude Pool Renovation
- Stanley Wrestling Club - $3,575 Youth Gear
- Stanley Parks & Recreation - $15,000 Blue Jay Boosters
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Domestic Violence Program - $915 Prevention & Awareness
- Mountrail Community Food Pantry - $2,545 New Shelves
- Mountrail County Health Foundation - $7,000 Dare to Define YOU Youth Leadership Program
- Stanley Community Schools - $35,000 Will Athletic Complex Renovation
- Stanley High School FFA - $6,500 Virtual Welder
- The Sibyl Center for Life Enrichment - $1,000 Children's Art Experiences
- Van Hook Association - $5,000 Pickleball Court
Grants Awarded in 2018
- Flickertail Village Museum - $2,443 Reshingle Buildings
- Mountrail County Health Foundation - $40,000 Rosen Place Assisted Living
- Opportunity Foundation - $3,700 Autism Services
- S.A.C.K. Stanley Area Cares for Kids - $2,500 SACK Program
- The Sibyl Center for Life Enrichment - $1,300 Children's Summer Theater
- Stanley High School - $2,000 High School Drama
- Stanley High School Speech - $1,000 Speech Team
ONLINE GRANT APPLICATION AUGUST 25th - SEPT 30th
For Immediate Release
STANLEY, ND . . . The Stanley community foundation advisory committee has over $61,000 to give to area organizations. Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, or government agencies or have a fiscal sponsor.
Apply ONLINE using the APPLY BUTTON on this page
Last year’s projects grant for were: recipients were: Mountrail Health: Assisted Living, Opportunity Foundation; Autism Services, S.A.C.K program, Stanley High School Drama Program, and Speech team Program, Sibyl Center Children’s Theatre, Flickertail, roofing. All program helping enrich our community.
The Stanley foundation is a permanent endowment, from which yearly earnings go back into the community through a dedicated committee of local residents. Thank you to those of you who last year added many new gifts and helped grow the fund to over $1,8 million! You are helping us get a step closer to funding our communities priority projects!
Have Questions or need more information? Contact Doug Kinnoin -- 701-628-1366, Jenny Gaaskjolen 605-381-9983, Grace Lystad (701) 313-0011 or email the committee firstname.lastname@example.org.
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS Code as 501(c)(3) non-profit tax exempt groups, or government agencies.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within Stanley and surrounding communities, as determined by the Advisory Committee.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Applications shall be due September 25 of each year. The deadline may be extended at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
- Requests for multiple-year funding