Minnewaukan Community Endowment Fund
About the Minnewaukan Community Endowment Fund
The Minnewaukan Community Endowment Fund was established in 1981 to make grants for community projects in the Minnewaukan area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Minnewaukan Community Endowment Fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
City of Minnewaukan
PO Box 192
Minnewaukan, ND 58351
Development Director, NDCF
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Minnewaukan Rural Fire Protection District - $5,600 for Extractor / Washer
- Lake Region District Health - Benson County - $500 for Lake Region District Health Unit - Benson County
- Minnewaukan High School Trap Team - $500 for Minnewaukan Trap Team
- Minnewaukan Rural Fire Protection District - $4,451.73 for New Fire Hall
How to Apply for a Grant
- Organizations must be recognized under IRS code 501(c)(3) to qualify for a grant. Any organization with an official relationship to city or state government (school, park district etc.) would also qualify. No grants shall be made to individuals.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve the Minnewaukan area.
- Requests for day-to-day operations may receive a lower priority.
- Grants for multi-year requests (pledges) will not be made, however an organization may re-apply for a grant each year, provided all previous grant reporting was completed.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Grants shall be awarded annually at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
Deadline: July 31
How to Apply
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.