- Grant History
- Apply for a Grant
- Leave a Legacy
About the Hatton Area Community Foundation
Established in 2018 to support charitable programs in Hatton and the surrounding area, the Hatton Area Community Foundation is a permanent endowment fund that can support our community for years to come. Earnings from the fund will be given as grants to support nonprofit projects or programs in the area that work to improve our community and quality of life.
Bruce Vold: 701-653-5949
Hatton Area Community Foundation
PO Box 232
Hatton, ND 58240
Or contact NDCF Development Director Amy Stromsodt at 701-741-3193.
The Hatton Area Community Foundation has awarded $4,800 in 7 grants since its inception in 2018. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2022
- Hatton Helping Hand Food Pantry - $1,000 to stock the shelves
- Hatton Park Board - $1,000 for a Little League Homerun Fence
- Hatton Eielson National Honor Society - $800 for start-up costs for a National Honor Society
Grants Awarded in 2021
- Hatton Area Dollars for Scholars - $500 Scholarship Funding
- Hatton Eielson Museum & Historical Society - $300 Brochure Printing
- Hatton Swimming Pool - $600 Pool Furniture
Grant Awarded in 2020
- Hatton Eielson Public School - $600 New gymnasium side backboards
How to Apply
The Hatton Area Community Foundation makes grants to non-profit organizations recognized under IRS Code 501(c)3. Municipalities such as a school, park district or city also qualify for funding from the HACF. Projects receiving the highest priority are those that enhance the quality of life for residents in the Hatton, ND area. Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those projects that are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Click here for more detailed instructions and tips for using our online grant system.
Deadline for applications is November 1 of each year
Making a lasting difference in our community or for future generations may be easier than you realize. With very simple language in your will or trust, you can help the Hatton Area Community Foundation (HACF) continue to support important projects and programs in our area forever.
Gifts to the HACF are carefully invested by our partner foundation - the North Dakota Community Foundation - to generate a permanent source of charitable income.
If you have children or other relatives, you can leave a portion of your estate to them and a percentage to the HACF. Doing so provides for your heirs while honoring your charitable values.
1. Download our free Estate Planning Guide - it contains helpful information and things to consider as you develop your own unique plan.
2. Reach out to a Hatton Area Community Foundation committee member to learn more about the charities and needs in our area.
3. Consider discussing (confidentially) your vision with our NDCF gift planner Amy Stromsodt. She has many years of experience helping donors create their charitable vision and better prepare for their discussions with financial planners. Amy's cell is 701-741-3193 or you can email her at Amy@NDCF.net.
4. Contact your professional advisors (financial planner, attorney and/or accountant) and ask for help in establishing a charitable gift to our foundation.
5. Make sure your will or living trust is up-to-date and reflects your charitable goals.
6. Consider notifying the charitable organizations about the gift you plan to leave them. They will appreciate your generosity and will want to know what you’d like them to do with your eventual gift if it isn't clear.
Language for Your Will and Living Trust
If you would like to include the Hatton Area Community Foundation in your will, here is some sample language to consider:
“I give and bequeath to the North Dakota Community Foundation (Tax ID Number 45-0336015), a qualified charitable organization under IRS 501(c)(3), located in Bismarck, North Dakota, ___________ (a percentage of the estate, specific dollar amount, or remainder of estate) for the Hatton Area Community Foundation, a permanent component of the North Dakota Community Foundation.”
* Be sure to contact your legal advisor.
There are many other ways to make a deferred gift to your community, including
- Making NDCF (and your specific community fund) the beneficiary of your life insurance policy, IRA, 401K, or commercial annuity
- Establishing a Charitable Gift Annuity with NDCF
- Other more sophisticated tools, depending on your unique situation
To investigate options and learn more about how other North Dakotans have given back, visit our planned giving website at www.NDCF.net/Plan.