Westhope Area Community Foundation
About the Westhope Area Community Foundation
The Westhope Area Community Foundation was established in 1996 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Westhope area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Westhope Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Development Director, NDCF
Apply for a Grant from the Westhope Area Community Foundation
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS Code as 501(c)(3) non-profit tax exempt groups, or government agencies.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within Westhope and surrounding communities, as determined by the Advisory Committee.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
- Requests for multiple-year funding
Deadline: October 1
New for 2019 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Grants Awarded in 2017
- Westhope Public School - $2,000 for the school and community playground
- Missouri Slope Areawide United Way - $190 for the backpack program serving low-income families in the community
Copyright © 2020 North Dakota Community Foundation