About the Larimore Community Endowment Fund
The Larimore Community Endowment Fund was established in 1981 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in Larimore, North Dakota. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Larimore Community Endowment Fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
PO Box 599
Larimore, ND 58251
or contact Amy Warnke-Stromsodt, NDCF Development Director at 701-795-1531.
Since the Larimore Community Endowment Fund’s inception in 1981, the Vernon & Lila Halvorson Endowment Fund in 1999 & the Charles D. McCanna Fund in 2010, over $333,000 in 174 grants has been awarded. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2021
- Bellevue Cemetery Association - $2,500 Beautification, Maintenance & Upkeep
- Edna Ralston Public Library - $2,000 Storage & General Operating
- Larimore Football - $1,000 Lein Field Locker Room Part 2
- Larimore Senior Citizens Club - $1,500 South Side Building Siding
- Sox For Kids - $1,410.19 Program Costs
- Larimore Fire Protection District - $5,500 Air Pack Project
- Larimore Museum - $5,000 Raising The Roof
- Radiant Little Lambs Daycare Center - $4,000 Kitchen Update & Covid-19 Relief
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Larimore Fire District - $5,500 to purchase one new air pack
- Bellevue Cemetery - $2,000 to help with maintenance and mowing of the cemetery
- Radiant Little Lambs Daycare - $3,411.69 to purchase/replace gutters, downspouts and awning to protect the building from the elements
- $2,000 for COVID-19 relief to help keep the daycare operating (April 2020)
- Larimore Public School - $2,000 to help defray the cost of meals during Distance Learning
- Edna Ralston Library - $2,000 for roof repairs & continuing children's reading program
- Sox for Kids - $2,000 to support the Children's Christmas program for 2020
- Larimore High School - $1,500 to help outfit permanent locker rooms built at Lein Field
- Larimore Senior Citizens - $1,500 to update lighting throughout the Senior Center
- Hospice of the Red River Valley - $1,500 to support Bereavement services offered to Larimore residents
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Edna Ralston Public Library - $5,000 to continue the Digital Catalog Project for the Library
- Hospice of the Red River Valley - $1,500 to support bereavement services in the Larimore area
- Larimore High School After-Prom Party - $1,000 To provide a safe environment for After Prom
- Radiant Little Lambs Daycare Center - $5,000 for Electrical updates and operating support
How to Apply for a Grant from the Larimore Community Endowment Fund
1. Makes grants only to those organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)3 or to government agencies.
2. Makes grants to qualifying organizations in the city of Larimore
New for 2019 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Other Funds Managed by NDCF in the Larimore area
Larimore Area Scholarship Funds
Dawn Marie Stoik Memorial Athletic Scholarship: The fund was established in 1996 by LaVonne Stoik and Gregory Stoik in loving memory of their daughter Dawn Marie Stoik who lost her life in a motorcycle accident on Memorial Day of 1995 just days after graduating from high school.
EllaRae Kelly Memorial Scholarship Fund: The fund was established in 2007 by Michael Kelly in loving memory of his wife, Ellarae, who lost her life to a rare form of liver cancer at the age of 51.
Lloyd A. Engh/North Star Masonic Scholarship Fund: The Fund was established in 1991 by the North Star Masonic Lodge of Larimore, ND in memory of long-time member Lloyd A. Engh.
Grace Taylor Stone Scholarship Fund: Established in 2004 to annually provide scholarships for Larimore High School graduates.
Larimore Public Schools Scholarship Fund: Established in 2004 to annually provide scholarships for Larimore High School graduates.
Other Funds from Larimore
Vernon & Lila Halverson Endowment Fund: Established in 1999 by Dale Halvorson in loving memory of his parents, Vernon and Lila Halvorson, as part of the Larimore Community Endowment Fund.
Charles D. McCanna Endowment Fund: Established in 2010 through the estate of Margery McCanna Jennison as part of the Larimore Community Endowment Fund.
Mr. and Mrs. Donald Shide Fund: Established in 1979 by Mr. and Mrs. Donald Shide to support the work of the North Dakota Community Foundation
Bellevue Cemetery Association Endowment Fund: Established in 2016 by Ralph McCanna to support the maintenance and care of Bellevue Cemetery