About the Galesburg Area Foundation
The Galesburg Area Foundation was established in 2012 to promote charitable work in Galesburg, North Dakota. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in Galesburg. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Galesburg Area Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Kayla Elliott, Chair
Catherine Albert, Secretary
Galesburg Area Foundation
c/o Dakota Heritage Bank
PO Box 110
Galesburg, ND 58035
Or contact Amy Stromsodt, NDCF Development Director, at 701-741-3193.
The Galesburg Area Foundation has awarded almost $23,000 in 17 grants since its inception in 2012. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2021
- Galesburg Community Housing - $2,000 for Unit Upgrade with a Heat Pump
- Galesburg Part Committee - $2,000 Softball Field Dugout Benches & Cement Pads
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Elm River Cemetery Association - $1,300 for Cemetery Maintenance
- Norman Lutheran Cemetery Association - $1,300 for a New Cemetery Storage Shed
- Stordahl Lutheran Church Cemetery - $1,300 for Cemetery Maintenance
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Mayville Portland Clifford Galesburg Public School - $2,000 Building Greenhouse to Support Agriculture Program
- Hope Early Learning Center - $650 Electronic Educational Equipment, SmartTV & Diaper Changing Station
How to Apply for a Grant from the Galesburg Area Foundation
1. Makes grants only to those organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)3 or to government agencies.
2. Makes grants to qualifying organizations in the city of Galesburg
How to Apply:
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.