About the Glen Ullin Community Foundation
Established through the Ishmael & Rose Diede estate, the Glen Ullin Community Foundation is a permanent endowment fund that will support our community for years to come. Earnings from the fund are given as grants to support nonprofit projects or programs in the Glen Ullin area that work to improve our community and quality of life. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Glen Ullin Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
FUNDING: Committee work is supported by the fund(s) listed to which donors can give and help us in our mission to serve the community.
ENDOWMENT: Is the primary fund, and Qualifies for 40% ND Tax Credit. (click on link for requirements) Roughly 4% of funds are put to work in the community used annually as "grants".
NDCF is the support system for ACCF with over 40 years providing comprehensive charitable services to ND. This includes donor gift planning and bequest planning for individuals, company leaders, families, and non-profits, and fiduciary services such as accounting, audit and money management. This allows local volunteer committees to focus on telling their story of their foundation impact through marketing, granting, and growing the fund.
Local Advisory Committee
PO BOX 668
Glen Ullin, ND 58631
QUESTIONS Click here to email committee
NDCF: For anonymous giving, gift planning, or unique asset gifts. contact John Heinen NDCF Western ND Support or call (701) 590-4614
Please find attached various materials which you can download for your own or to pass along to a family member or friend. Help get the word out about the fund, helps the fund grow and serve the community in a bigger way.
COMMUNITY ANNUAL REPORTS
Since the Glen Ullin Area Community Foundation’s inception in 2016 & the Ishmael & Rose Diede Charitable Fund for Glen Ullin in 2017, over $51,000 in 48 grants has been awarded. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2021
- Glen Ullin Senior Citizens Club - $500 to Replace Gutters & Downspouts
- Crossroads Golf Association - $1,508 for Table & Chairs in New Shelter
- Glen Ullin Park Board - $1,507 for Log Cabin Face Lift
- GUPPIES - $1,508 for Flag & Flower Project
- Marian Manor Healthcare Center - $1,000 for BestMove Sand Aid & Walkers
Grants Awarded in 2020
- City of Glen Ullin - $1,152.60 for 2020 Security Upgrade
- Crossroads Golf Association - $1,152.60 for Outdoor Shelter
- Glen Ullin Park Board - $1,152.60 for Grandstand
- Glen Ullin Senior Citizens Club - $1,152.60 to Replace Gutters
- Marian Manor Healthcare Center - $1,152.60 to Purchase Dyn-Ergo Scoot Chair
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Marian Manor Healthcare Center - $871.20 Portable Staircase for Therapy Services
- Best Friends Mentoring Program - $750 School Based Mentoring
- City of Glen Ullin - $871.20 Council Chambers South Windows
- Crossroads Golf Association - $871.20 Community Hall of Fame
- Glen Ullin Fire District - $871.20 Wildland PPE
- Glen Ullin Park Board - $871.20 Baseball Concession Stand
- Glen Ullin Public School - $500 Summer Blast
GRANT APPLICATION ACCEPTED MARCH 1st - MARCH 28th
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Step 4 -- Bookmark the address so when returning you can easily access. Or access with button above.
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. Please contact John at NDCF for more information: email@example.com (701) 590-4614.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within the Glen Ullin community.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/GlenUllin.
- Applications shall be due no later than April 1 of each year. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Approved grant requests may be funded in full or partially, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Organizations that serve Youth, Senior Citizens, Leadership, and Community Development
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests for multiple-year funding
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
The following will NOT be considered:
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals