New Salem Area Community Foundation
About the New Salem Area Community Foundation
Established in 2013 through a generous gift from the former New Salem Credit Union, the New Salem Area Community Foundation is a permanent endowment fund that can support our community for years to come. Earnings from the fund are given as grants to support nonprofit projects or programs in the area that work to improve our community and quality of life.
The New Salem Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a volunteer group of citizens whose primary activities are building the fund and recommending grants each year.
FUNDING: (make a gift online) Committee work is supported by the fund(s) listed to which donors can give and help us in our mission to serve the community.
ENDOWMENT: Is the primary fund, and Qualifies for 40% ND Tax Credit. (click on link for requirements) Roughly 4% of funds are put to work in the community used annually as "grants".
NDCF is the support system to this fund(s) with over 40 years providing comprehensive charitable services to ND. This includes donor gift planning, bequest planning, and fiduciary services such as accounting, audit and money management to and for individuals, company leaders, families, and non-profits. This allows local volunteer committees to focus on telling their story of their foundation impact through marketing, granting, and growing the fund.
Local Advisory Committee
Charles R. Holle
Carrie Cofer (Chair)
New Salem Area Community Foundation (NSACF) committee
c/o Capital Credit Union
PO BOX B
New Salem, ND 58563
NDCF: For anonymous giving, gift planning, or unique asset gifts. contact John Heinen NDCF Western ND Support or call (701) 590-4614
GRANT APPLICATION ACCEPTED FEBRUARY 15th - MARCH 15th
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it
Step 4 -- Bookmark the address so when returning you can easily access. Or access with button above.
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies or those with a qualified fiscal sponsor. Contact the local committee or firstname.lastname@example.org for options of sponsors.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations in the New Salem area.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-sectarian and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/NewSalem.
- Extensions may be granted and additional grant application deadlines may be added at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Approved grant requests may be funded in full or partially, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals will NOT be considered.
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses will receive a lower priority.
- Requests for projects or programs that serve a greater number of community residents will receive higher priority.
Copyright © 2019 North Dakota Community Foundation