Hillsboro Community Foundation
About the Hillsboro Community Foundation
Established in 2000 to make grants in support of community projects in the Hillsboro area, the Hillsboro Community Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Hillsboro Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Angela Kritzberger, Chair
Hillsboro Community Foundation
PO Box 208
Hillsboro, ND 58045
How to Apply for a Grant from the Hillsboro Community Foundation
1. Makes grants only to those organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)3 or to government agencies.
2. Makes grants to qualifying organizations in the city of Hillsboro
New for 2019 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Grants Awarded in 2019:
- Hillsboro Business Association - $2,500 Toward the HBA Tent Project
- Hillsboro Elementary School - $1,284.76 Toward the purchase of technology kits for the Engagement in School & Recess program
- Hillsboro Vets Club Association - $803.24 toward the purchase of a new security alarm system
- Northern Lights Youth Services - $1,487 to purchase 2 picnic tables for concession stand area at the sports complex
- Traill County Historical Society - $1,500 for laptop replacement and additional shelving for records displays
Grants Awarded in 2018:
- Hillsboro Public School - Improve book availability and reading instruction - $3,800
- Hillsboro SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) - Purchase of concession stand cooler - $1,240
- Hillsboro Business Association - Hillsboro Days 2019 Community Celebration - $1,000
- Hillsboro Recreation Board - Adult and Youth Recreation Programs - $975
Grants Awarded in 2017:
- Hillsboro Elementary School - New Ipads for Lower Elementary Students - $5,880
Grants Awarded in 2016:
- Hillsboro Senior Citizen Center - Capital Improvements to Senior Center - $2,450
- Hillsboro Economic Development - Propane and Lease for Tot Spot Daycare Facility - $1,000
- Hillsboro Elementary School - Google Expeditions & Drone for Technology Enrichment Program - $2,213
Grants Awarded in 2015:
- Hillsboro Elementary School - New Equipment for Technology Dept. - $3,299
- City of Hillsboro - Swimming Pool Medical Equipment - $1,685
Grants Awarded in 2014:
- Sanford Health Foundation Hillsboro - To Replace Defibrillators (AED): $2,592
- The Main Discovery - The Addition Of A Classroom: $2,592
Copyright © 2020 North Dakota Community Foundation