About the Hillsboro Community Foundation
Established in 2000 to make grants in support of community projects in the Hillsboro area, the Hillsboro Community Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Hillsboro Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Angela Kritzberger, Chair
Hillsboro Community Foundation
PO Box 208
Hillsboro, ND 58045
The Hillsboro Community Foundation has awarded almost $63,000 in 38 grants since its inception in 2000. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Traill County Museum - $2,000 for renovations/repairs to the Portico
- Hillsboro Manor Housing - $4,490 for attic insulation
- Hillsboro Public Schools - $1,570 to purchase technology and classroom library supplies
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Hillsboro Business Association - $2,500 Toward the HBA Tent Project
- Hillsboro Elementary School - $1,284.76 Toward the purchase of technology kits for the Engagement in School & Recess program
- Hillsboro Vets Club Association - $803.24 toward the purchase of a new security alarm system
- Northern Lights Youth Services - $1,487 to purchase 2 picnic tables for concession stand area at the sports complex
- Traill County Historical Society - $1,500 for laptop replacement and additional shelving for records displays
Grants Awarded in 2018
- Hillsboro Public School - $3,800 Improve book availability and reading instruction
- Hillsboro SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) - $1,240 Purchase of concession stand cooler
- Hillsboro Business Association - $1,000 Hillsboro Days 2019 Community Celebration
- Hillsboro Recreation Board - $975 Adult and Youth Recreation Programs
How to Apply for a Grant from the Hillsboro Community Foundation
1. Makes grants only to those organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)3 or to government agencies.
2. Makes grants to qualifying organizations in the city of Hillsboro
New for 2019 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.