The Kenmare Area Community Foundation raffle fundraiser is underway! Tickets are available for $10 each at many local businesses and from any of the Advisory Committee members. All prize packages are worth at least $200 each! Top prizes include:
DJ Package from JW Productions (valued at $1,700)
$1,000 porcelain crown from Kenmare Dental
PitBoss Navigator Smoker from Farmer's Union Oil of Kenmare (valued at $600)
Customized Firepit from Fritel's Cusom Design (Sponsored by Renville Elevator of Tolley and Wes's Bar; valued at $600)
The Kenmare Area Community Foundation was established in 2009 by gifts from the Kenmare Development Corporation and Kenmare Veteran’s Club. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Kenmare area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Kenmare Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Ways to Give
You can give by cash, check, stock, partial gift of insurance, real-estate, collections, equipment, or even ag commodities.
Set up a gift in your estate plans. Make a specific, percentage, or residual designation in your will/trust or as a partial beneficiary of a retirement fund or insurance to create a simple legacy gift.
Regardless of the type of gift, requests for anonymity will always be honored. Please contact NDCF directly if you would like to make an anonymous gift.
Growing Our Community
Please consider gifting a portion of your harvest this year (or in the future) to the Kenmare Area Community Foundation. It’s an easy way to support our area’s permanent fund without having to open your checkbook. Plus, you don’t have to claim the income from the sale, and you can still deduct the cost of production for whatever you donate!
Simply fill out the donation card, and give it to your broker, co-op, or elevator. They will take care of the rest, and you will have made a difference, forever, in our community!
For more detailed information about gifting commodities, please read this article written by a retired CPA, farmer, and NDCF Board Member.
If you have questions, please contact Kara Geiger with the North Dakota Community Foundation at 701-222-8349.
Thank you from all of us on the Advisory Committee!
Kenmare Area Community Foundation
PO Box 663
Kenmare, ND 58746
Development Director, NDCF
The Kenmare Area Community Foundation has awarded over $61,000 in 70 grants since its inception in 2009. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2021
- City of Donnybrook - $2,100 for Community Center Sprinkler System
- Kenmare Food Pantry - $2,500 for Beautification Project
- Society of St Stephens Food Pantry - $2,000 for Grocery Items.
- City of Kenmare - $700 for Chair Inventory
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Kenmare City Fire Dept - $1,500 Thermal Imaging Camera
- Kenmare Food Pantry - $1,000 Kenmare Summer Arts
- Society of St. Stephens Food Pantry - $1,000 Restocking Shelves & Freezer
- Tolley Fire Dept - $3,035 E-Dispatch Service
Grants Awarded in 2019
- City of Kenmare - $1,000 Doggy Waste Stations
- Kenmare Park District - $1,690 Downtown Park Square Playground Addition
- Kenmare Wheels and Meals - $1,000 Steam Table
- Society of St. Stephens Food Pantry - $2,000 Backpack Program
- Trailblazers 4H Club - $500 Project Kits for Ward County Achievement Days
- Ward County Public Library, Kenmare Branch - $500 Summer Reading Program
Apply for a Grant from the Kenmare Area Community Foundation
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS Code as 501(c)(3) non-profit tax exempt groups, or government agencies.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within Kenmare and surrounding communities, as determined by the Advisory Committee.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Applications shall be due by June 15 of each year.
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
- Requests for multiple-year funding
Deadline: June 15
How to Apply
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.