About the Richardton Area Community Foundation
The Richardton Area Community Foundation (formerly the Richardton Community Endowment Fund) was established in 1981 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Richardton area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Richardton Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants .
HELPING US BUILD THE FUND: In order for the fund to have a bigger impact in the community, we invite those in the region to make some sort of a gift. Please refer to the "other information" tab for a report and brochure to find out more. Or please call one of us on the committee. We would be happy to answer any questions.
Local Advisory Committee
Carmen Bohn (Chairperson)
Carmen Bohen email contact 701-974-3311
Contact the committee at email@example.com
Please find attached various materials which you can download for your own or to pass along to a family member or friend. Help get the word out about the fund, helps the fund grow and serve the community in a bigger way. Any questions please refer to the contact page to contact a committee member. Thank you!
The Richardton Area Community Foundation has awarded over $285,000 in 275 grants since its inception in 1981. Recent grant awards are listed below.
Grants Awarded in 2021
- American Legion Auxiliary Unit 180 - $500 Replace Legion Club Room Dining Tables
- Lt. Theo R. Zech American Legion Post 180 - $2,500 Carpet Replacement
- Raider Booster Club - $2,500 Football Light Pole Pads
- Raider Pee Wee Program - $2,000 New Helmets
- Richardton Baseball Club - $2,500 Electrical Expansion
- Richardton Health Center - $3,500 Resident Services Transportation
- Richardton Park Board - $2,500 Swimming Pool Improvements
- Richardton Senior Citizens - $1,300 Improvements to Kitchen, Men's Bathroom & West Entrance
Grants Awarded in 2020
- Lt. Theo R. Zech American Legion Post 180 - $2,000 Memorial Repairs
- PAWS (Richardton-Taylor School District) - $6,000 Playground
- Richardton Senior Citizens - $2,000 Gas & Electrical
- Richardton-Taylor School - $2,000 National Speech & Debate Association Tournament
- Richardton Health Center - $5,000 Server Installation
Grants Awarded in 2019
- Camp ReCreation - $1,000 Activity Supplies
- Lt. Theo R. Zech American Legion Post 180 - $2,500 Insulating Club Room Building
- Richardton Baseball Club - $3,283.33 Field Improvements
- Richardton Healthcare Foundation - $2,000 Walk-In Tub & Wheelchair Scale
- Richardton Senior Citizens - $2,000 Building Updates
- Richardton-Taylor School - $1,383.33 National Speech & Debate Association Tournament
- St. John Lutheran Church - $1,916.67 Furnace Replacement
- St. Mary's Parish - $1,916.67 Cemetery Flagpoles
ONLINE GRANT ACCEPTED MAY 15th - June 15th
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-590-4614.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within the Richardton--Taylor area.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/Richardton.
- Extensions may be granted at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Approved grant requests may be funded in full or partially, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for multiple-year funding
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
The following will NOT be considered:
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals
New for 2018 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
There are currently no other funds supporting this community. If you are interested in establishing a fund to support this community, please contact our office.