Pierce County Endowment Fund
About the Pierce County Endowment Fund
The Pierce County Endowment Fund was established in 1982 to support nonprofit community projects and organizations in Pierce County. The local volunteer advisory committee is responsible for building the fund and recommending grants each year.
Local Advisory Committee
Dr. Brian Selland
PO Box 135
Rugby, ND 58368
Development Director, NDCF
Seeking Committee Members!
The Pierce County Endowment Fund is seeking new committee members to help build the fund and recommend grants.
Apply for a Grant from the Pierce County Endowment Fund
- Organizations must be recognized under IRS code 501(c)3 to qualify for a grant. Any organization with an official relationship to city or state government (school, park district, nursing home etc.) would also qualify.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve Pierce County, ND.
- Grants may not be given to organizations requesting funds for day-to-day operations.
- Grants for multi-year requests (pledges) may not be made, however an organization may re-apply for a grant each year. Organizations may qualify for one grant per year.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Grants may be awarded annually at the discretion of the Advisory Committee. Completed applications are due no later than October 1.
- Preference will be given to projects and programs that promote health and wellness.
In funding decisions, the board will consider the following:
- Organizational management and integrity
- Level of local involvement and support
- The number of people to be served
- The effect of the grant on the success of the project
Deadline: October 1
New for 2019 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Grants Awarded in 2017
- Tri County Senior Meals and Services - $2,800 to provide nutritious meals to senior citizens in Pierce County
- Geographical Center Historical Society - $1,400 for the Museum Camp, Kids’ Art workshops, and Village Fair
Copyright © 2020 North Dakota Community Foundation