Strasburg Area Community Foundation
About the Strasburg Area Community Foundation
The Strasburg Area Community Foundation was established in 2014 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Strasburg area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Strasburg Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
To be established.
Al Dosch, 701-336-7542
Development Director, NDCF
Apply for a Grant from the Strasburg Area Community Foundation
- Organizations must be recognized under IRS code 501(c)(3) to qualify for a grant. Any organization with an official relationship to city or state government (school, park district etc.) would also qualify.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve the Strasburg area (as determined by the local advisory committee).
- Requests for day-to-day operations shall receive low priority.
- Grants for multi-year requests (pledges) shall not be made, however an organization may re-apply for a grant each year, provided all previous grant reporting was completed.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- No grants shall be made to individuals.
- Grants shall be awarded annually at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
Download an application form (PDF) and return completed form to:
Grants Awarded by the Strasburg Area Community Foundation in 2016
- Strasburg Care Center - $475 for Update on Facilities
- Strasburg Park Board - $500 towards the Sports Complex
- Strasburg Fire and Rescue - $500 for LED Lighting Upgrade
Copyright © 2019 North Dakota Community Foundation