Strasburg Area Community Foundation
About the Strasburg Area Community Foundation
The Strasburg Area Community Foundation was established in 2014 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Strasburg area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Strasburg Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
To be established.
Al Dosch, 701-336-7542
Development Director, NDCF
Apply for a Grant from the Strasburg Area Community Foundation
- Organizations must be recognized under IRS code 501(c)(3) to qualify for a grant. Any organization with an official relationship to city or state government (school, park district etc.) would also qualify.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve the Strasburg area (as determined by the local advisory committee).
- Requests for day-to-day operations shall receive low priority.
- Grants for multi-year requests (pledges) shall not be made, however an organization may re-apply for a grant each year, provided all previous grant reporting was completed.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- No grants shall be made to individuals.
- Grants shall be awarded annually at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
Deadline: June 15
How to Apply
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grants Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Grants Awarded by the Strasburg Area Community Foundation in 2016
- Strasburg Care Center - $475 for Update on Facilities
- Strasburg Park Board - $500 towards the Sports Complex
- Strasburg Fire and Rescue - $500 for LED Lighting Upgrade
Copyright © 2020 North Dakota Community Foundation